Vortex RAZOR HD GEN II 4.5-27X56 Rifle Scope
The new frontrunners in the race for the ultimate precision, long-range optics, the Gen II Razors, designed and engineered for dialing precision long-range shots in extreme environments, have serious precision shooters saying "finally". The Gen II Razors feature a 6x zoom range, a 34mm single-piece aircraft-grade aluminum tube and our sophisticated L-Tec turret system plus a host of additional high-performance features for state-of-the-art optics with deadly accuracy.
Features and Benefits of the Vortex RazorHD Gen II:
- APO System - Index-matched lenses correct color across the entire visual spectrum.
- Optically Indexed Lenses - Optimize image sharpness and brightness from edge to edge.
- HD Lens Elements - Premium extra-low dispersion glass delivers the ultimate in resolution and color fidelity, resulting in high-definition images.
- XR™ Plus Fully Multi-Coated - Ultimate anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces provide maximum light transmission for peak clarity and the pinnacle of low-light performance.
- Plasma Tech - Cutting edge coating application process provides unparalleled coating durability and performance
- First Focal Plane Reticle - Scale of reticle remains in proportion to the zoomed image. Constant subtensions allow accurate holdover and ranging at all magnifications.
- Glass-Etched Reticle - Allows for intricate reticle design. Protected between two layers of glass for optimum durability and reliability.
- Illuminated Reticle - Provides precise aiming under low-light conditions
- Tube Size - 34 mm diameter provides maximized internal adjustment and strength.
- Single-Piece Tube - Maximizes alignment for improved accuracy and optimum visual performance, as well as ensures strength and waterproofness.
- Aircraft-Grade Aluminum - Constructed from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum for strength and rigidity.
- Waterproof - O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating for reliable performance in all environments.
- Fogproof - Argon gas purging prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures.
- Shockproof - Rugged construction withstands recoil and impact.
- Hard Anodized Stealth Shadow - Finish Highly durable hard-coat anodization provides a low-glare matte surface and helps camouflage the shooter's position.
- ArmorTek - Ultra-hard, scratch-resistant coating protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil and dirt.
- L-Tec™ Turrets - Integrated locking mechanism prevents accidental adjustments. Turrets provide fast, accurate, easily read elevation and windage adjustments. Patent pending.
- External Rotation Indicator - Provides quick visual and tactile reference of elevation turret's rotational position.
- Locking Illumination - Locks illumination at preferred setting.
- Side Focus - Adjustment located on left side of turret housing is easily accessible from shooting position. Provides optimal image focus and parallax removal.
Internal Mechanism Design Features
- L-Tec™ Zero Stop - Prevents elevation turret from dialing below sight in range using rugged steel components. Internal mechanisms stay free of sand, dirt, dust, moisture and other foreign materials—even when setting the zero-stop position.
- Maximized Turret Zero Adjustment - Turret design allows expanded adjustment range when L-Tec zero stop feature is disengaged for zeroing purposes.
- Micro Adjust Zero Setting - Infinite zero setting positions allow zero to be set between clicks for optimal accuracy.
- Friction Reduction System - Heat-treated, hardened-steel pad floats on the end of the turret screw and interfaces with a hardened steel ring on the erector tube for steel-on-steel contact. Prevents galling or deformation of the erector screw contact point for superior durability and
- Turret Screws - Provides low-friction, wear-resistant performance: precision-machined from a silicon-brass alloy and treated with an advanced dry-film lubricant. Turret screw threads are precision machined to sub-2 micron tolerances (less than 78-millionths of an inch).
- Erector Tube System - Precision-machined from aircraft grade aluminum with anti-galling properties for a lighter weight, strong, durable tube. Stainless Steel offset coil spring erector biasing system withstands much higher stresses than traditional flat erector springs and al
- Fast Focus Eyepiece - Allows quick and easy reticle focusing.
- L-Tec™ Tool - Included with your scope for precise adjustments to the turret.
- Locking Side Illumination - Easily accessible and lockable illumination dial is located on the left side of turret housing. Features eleven intensity levels of illumination with off positions between each setting.
Vortex Razor HD Gen II Tremor 3, Horus H59™ and EBR-7C Reticles
Brand-new reticles are now available in the Razor HD Gen II family of long-range riflescopes – the Tremor 3 and Horus H59 available in MRAD, and the EBR-7C available in both MOA and MRAD. The improved reticles pack even more long-range utility into the already feature packed Razor HD Gen II lineup.
- Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5 27x56 EBR 7c MOA
- Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5 27x56 EBR 7c MRAD
- Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5 27x56 H59 Reticle
- Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5 27x56 Tremor 3 Reticle
- vortex razor
- vortex razor hd gen ii
- vortex razor hd
- vortex razor hd gen ii 4.5-27x56 for sale
- vortex razor hd gen ii 4.5-27x56
- razor hd gen ii 4.5 27x56
Vortex Quick Links:
- Vortex strikefire 2
- Vortex sparc
- Vortex strike eagle 1-6
- Vortex venom
- Vortex crossfire ii
- Vortex crossfire ii 6-24x50
- Vortex strikefire ii
- Vortex red dot
- Vortex precision rings
- Vortex 1-8
- Vortex venom mount
- Vortex uh1
- Vortex strike eagle
- Vortex diamondback 3x9x40
- Vortex razor amg 6-24x50
- Vortex spitfire 3x
- Vortex diamondback 4-12x40
- Vortex 3x9x40
- Vortex Viper 6.5 20x50
- vortex scope rings
- vortex scope mount
AR Optic Quick Links:
- ar 15 accessories
- ar 15 scope
- ar15 scope
- ar-15 scope
- ar scope
- ar 15 scopes
- ar15 scopes
- ar-15 scopes
- ar scopes
- ar 15 sights
- ar15 sights
- ar-15 sights
- ar sights
- ar15 red dot
- ar 15 red dot
- ar-15 red dot
- vortex red dot sight
- red dot scope
- red dot sight
- best red dot sight
- best red dot scope
The distinction between inferior quality and premium tactical scope is undeniable. At MSP, we only offer Rifle Scopes from the most trusted brands like Vortex Optics. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
|Objective Lens Diameter||56 mm|
|Eye Relief||3.7 inches|
|Field of View||25.3-4.4 feet/100 yards|
|Tube Size||34 mm|
|Adjustment Graduation||.1 MRAD|
|Travel per Rotation||10 MRAD|
|Max Elevation Adjustment||28.5 MRAD (See Features Tab)|
|Max Windage Adjustment||10 MRAD (See Features Tab)|
|Parallax Setting||32 yards to infinity|
Customer Ratings & Reviews
LOVE THIS SCOPE!!!
So I bought this vortex razor hd gen ii scope for an AR 6.5 creedmoor I had built, I had the gun built with the tightest tolerances available, and this scope makes it known... I cannot say enough about the pairing together of a great Gun and excellent optics. It is accurate out past 600 yds easy, with windage and the new dope disks coming, I should be able to take animals out past 1000 yds if needed.
Excellent Rifle Scope for the cost
I'm used to excellent quality Japanese glass (Canon 600mm F4 telephoto), and rifle scopes are, of course, of this quality (nor do they weigh 8-10 lbs). But this scope has good optical quality with little chromatic distortion and minimal vignetting. Good eye relief, positive indents for adjusting windage and elevation. An illuminated reticle is a plus when imaging dark background targets and illumination control. Of course, matching reticle and turrets - MRAD and FFP are optimal. Mechanically no apparent errors in turrets. Some reviewers don't care for the zero stop - I don't have a problem. Easy to zero. Bore sighted within 3" at 25 yds and dialed with one shot. The quality matches the many online reviews. You can even watch it being unboxed should you choose. Other than the odd anodizing color and utterly worthless flip-up scope caps that don't stay closed and are impossible to fit (save your money, they aren't included with the scope), an outstanding value. If you are picky about appearance, as many gun owners are, the scope isn't black, more of a copper brown hue. The finish is flawless and tough, though, and looks good with dark earth Ceracote. Vortex's new 30mm tube scope made in the USA is black if you must have a matching spring outfit for the range. You will enjoy this scope.
Vortex Razor Gen 2 4.5-27x56 review
I mounted This on a Ruger precision rifle 6.5 Creedmoor, went with LaRue tactical 34 mm scope rings. The first focal plane, which, if you're not familiar with, is extremely small etching on the glass until you start getting into your magnification range. But this allows for it to always be accurate if you are only using the reticle to holdovers at any range. I went with the 1c reticle and loved the simplicity and cleanness of the reticle design. Although the other reticle that has the Christmas tree is also nice, I just felt like it had too much going on, and for my style of shooting, I went with the 1c and couldn't be happier. The scope is extremely clear and easy to sight in. Turrets are tight, have a great click when moving, not crazy loud, but you know exactly where you are if your counting while hunting and your not wanting to take your head off the scope. The turrets lock, and I had to get used to pulling up to unlock them when getting to the range or hunting, but I'm very happy this is an added feature. Illumination. It is good, although something I don't use; it just adds to the million features on this scope. The scope is extremely well built and feels like a piece of equipment that will last a lifetime. Outer Color is a brown copper color. I like it. Eye relief is great on this scope; even at full zoom, I haven't had any issues looking through the reticle. Pros high-end scope for hunting/target shooting/ competition this scope can truly do it all, clean, crisp glass, turrets are beefy and perfect feel and function for my applications. (Worth every penny) if you are on the fence and can spend the few extra dollars for something that will last a lifetime, do it and pick one of these scopes up.
If weight is a non issue, buy it.
I got into long-range shooting as a hobby last year. It is now an obsession. There is tons of great info and lots of mis-info on this topic. A thousand-yard with today's rifles and ammo is nothing anymore as long as you put in the time and effort to actually go out and do it. I tell everyone you do not need a 3000.00 rifle to shoot even a mile anymore. You need half MOA, that is all. I would say a 500.00 rifle with 3000.00 glass is more valuable than a 3000.00 dollar rifle with 500.00 glass, if you can guarantee 1.5 MOA. This glass is top notch with very robust and repeatable turrets. The only complaint I have is I wish it had a little more MOA or MILS built into it; the ATACR does have that going for it. Great glass, you cannot go wrong with this purchase.
My Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 Review
I own Nightforce and US Optics scopes in addition to several other brands, and I must say this scope rates right up there with the best! I mounted this on a Tikka T3x Tac-A1 6.5 Creedmore rifle in a Spuhr one-piece mount. The scope looks right at home on this rifle! The optic quality is excellent, with great eye relief, and I really liked the system Vortex has for zeroing in the scope. I've shot this combo out to 600 yds so far, and it has performed flawlessly, putting rounds on target from 100 out to 600yds. The reticle is easy to use and very functional. I do wish, as this is their 'top of the line optic, that Vortex had included a switch lever and flip-up caps with this scope, as I feel that would have sealed the deal for them with the competition. Overall, I'm thoroughly pleased with this product from Vortex and would not only recommend it, but would purchase another in the future.
well built scope
The scope is well built and, as they say, “built like a tank.” I love the locking turrets, pop-out elevation indicator, true zero capability, glass clarity, reticle EBR-7C MRAD (for me), and diopter for different eyes. The weight is a moot factor for my use (PRS). Mounting was a breeze. Zeroing was even easier. I absolutely love the true zero and elevation pop-out indicator. My opinion is this scope is on par with a NightForce in clarity. It surpasses NF in warranty, reticle choice, and elevation indication. I recommended this scope to 2 other individuals who purchased it and absolutely love it.
worth every dime
I just got mine in and mounted to my Delta 5 last week, and I absolutely love it. I got the scope in a timely manner, and it was in great shape. It’s a tough choice to pull the trigger on a scope this expensive, but it’s worth every dime once you get it mounted.
. The scope is clear
I can't say enough good about this Vortex Razor HD gen2 scope. I would put it up with the ATACR Nightforce scopes I've been behind. It's a bit heavier than the NF, but I love it. The locking turrets, return to zero, and elevation pop-out indicator. The EBR-7C reticle is great for what I use it for (PRS matches). The scope is clear, good edges, bright, good light transmission, and illuminated. I am looking forward to many years with this scope.
I will buy the Vortex Razor HD Gen II for additional rifles.
I installed the Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27 x 56mm on a Weatherby Mark V 300 Win Mag using Tally rings and mounts. The scope is definitely heavy, but I believe the weight helped control the buck of this magnum rifle. I followed the Vortex recommendations for sighting in, and after setting my zero at 200 yards, I set up orange clays at 100, 200, and 300 yards and could consistently break them. Setting the zero stop was straight forward and being able to set the stop a few clicks below the actual zero is a benefit. Based on a ballistic program, I am successful in hitting steel out to 1,000 yards (maximum distance at the club). Bright picture and repeatable stop and distance dials.
When my department bought our sniper element custom rifles, we immediately decided to go with the Vortex Razor. I have full confidence in this scope that it will perform under any and all conditions. I've only taken it out to 1400 yards, but I look forward to pushing it further. Thanks, Vortex
I compared it to Leupold, Steiner. Nightforce, Kahles, and Swarovski side by side . Glass quality was discernible next to the Swarovski, Wow! I am impressed. I chose this razor as it is better featured than everything else. Large resettable, zero stop locking turrets, great glass, on/off/on illuminating feature. The infinite zero is great. I love the reticle option ( I favor MOA ). It is a heavy scope; however, no problem, just man up. It has proven hard to find rings that will clear a full top rail with a vortex lens cap ( I mounted it on a savage stealth evolution 338 Lapua).