Vortex Razor HD Gen II 3-18x50 FFP
The clear choice for hardcore precision, tactical and competition shooters looking for the optimal combination of features and optical quality. The Razor HD Gen II provides long-range shooters the advanced features needed to perform at the highest level, including locking turrets, the integrated L-Tec zero stop and a first focal plane reticle for when shots need to be taken quickly from any magnification.
Features and Benefits of the Vortex RazorHD Gen II:
- APO System - Index-matched lenses correct color across the entire visual spectrum.
- Optically Indexed Lenses - Optimize image sharpness and brightness from edge to edge.
- HD Lens Elements - Premium extra-low dispersion glass delivers the ultimate in resolution and color fidelity, resulting in high-definition images.
- XR™ Plus Fully Multi-Coated - Ultimate anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces provide maximum light transmission for peak clarity and the pinnacle of low-light performance.
- Plasma Tech - Cutting edge coating application process provides unparalleled coating durability and performance
- First Focal Plane Reticle - Scale of reticle remains in proportion to the zoomed image. Constant subtensions allow accurate holdover and ranging at all magnifications.
- Glass-Etched Reticle - Allows for intricate reticle design. Protected between two layers of glass for optimum durability and reliability.
- Illuminated Reticle - Provides precise aiming under low-light conditions
- Tube Size - 34 mm diameter provides maximized internal adjustment and strength.
- Single-Piece Tube - Maximizes alignment for improved accuracy and optimum visual performance, as well as ensures strength and waterproofness.
- Aircraft-Grade Aluminum - Constructed from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum for strength and rigidity.
- Waterproof - O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating for reliable performance in all environments.
- Fogproof - Argon gas purging prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures.
- Shockproof - Rugged construction withstands recoil and impact.
- Hard Anodized Stealth Shadow - Finish Highly durable hard-coat anodization provides a low-glare matte surface and helps camouflage the shooter's position.
- ArmorTek - Ultra-hard, scratch-resistant coating protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil and dirt.
- L-Tec™ Turrets - Integrated locking mechanism prevents accidental adjustments. Turrets provide fast, accurate, easily read elevation and windage adjustments. Patent pending.
- External Rotation Indicator - Provides quick visual and tactile reference of elevation turret's rotational position.
- Locking Illumination - Locks illumination at preferred setting.
- Side Focus - Adjustment located on left side of turret housing is easily accessible from shooting position. Provides optimal image focus and parallax removal.
Internal Mechanism Design Features
- L-Tec™ Zero Stop - Prevents elevation turret from dialing below sight in range using rugged steel components. Internal mechanisms stay free of sand, dirt, dust, moisture and other foreign materials—even when setting the zero-stop position.
- Maximized Turret Zero Adjustment - Turret design allows expanded adjustment range when L-Tec zero stop feature is disengaged for zeroing purposes.
- Micro Adjust Zero Setting - Infinite zero setting positions allow zero to be set between clicks for optimal accuracy.
- Friction Reduction System - Heat-treated, hardened-steel pad floats on the end of the turret screw and interfaces with a hardened steel ring on the erector tube for steel-on-steel contact. Prevents galling or deformation of the erector screw contact point for superior durability and
- Turret Screws - Provides low-friction, wear-resistant performance: precision-machined from a silicon-brass alloy and treated with an advanced dry-film lubricant. Turret screw threads are precision machined to sub-2 micron tolerances (less than 78-millionths of an inch).
- Erector Tube System - Precision-machined from aircraft grade aluminum with anti-galling properties for a lighter weight, strong, durable tube. Stainless Steel offset coil spring erector biasing system withstands much higher stresses than traditional flat erector springs and al
- Fast Focus Eyepiece - Allows quick and easy reticle focusing.
- Locking Side Illumination - Easily accessible and lockable illumination dial is located on the left side of turret housing. Features eleven intensity levels of illumination with off positions between each setting.
Vortex Razor HD Gen II Tremor3™, Horus H59™ and EBR-7C Reticles
Brand-new reticles are now available in the Razor HD Gen II family of long-range riflescopes – the Tremor3™ and Horus H59™ available in MRAD, and the EBR-7C available in both MOA and MRAD. The improved reticles pack even more long-range utility into the already feature packed Razor HD Gen II lineup.
Vortex Quick Links:
- Vortex strikefire 2
- Vortex sparc
- Vortex strike eagle 1-6
- Vortex venom
- Vortex crossfire ii
- Vortex crossfire ii 6-24x50
- Vortex strikefire ii
- Vortex red dot
- Vortex precision rings
- Vortex 1-8
- Vortex venom mount
- Vortex uh1
- Vortex strike eagle
- Vortex diamondback 3x9x40
- Vortex razor amg 6-24x50
- Vortex spitfire 3x
- Vortex diamondback 4-12x40
- Vortex 3x9x40
- Vortex Viper 6.5 20x50
- vortex scope rings
- vortex scope mount
The distinction between inferior quality and premium tactical scope is undeniable. At MSP, we only offer Rifle Scopes from the most trusted brands like Vortex Optics. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
|Objective Lens Diameter||50 mm|
|Eye Relief||3.7 inches|
|Field of View||37.8-6.25 ft/100 yds|
|Tube Size||34 mm|
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Love the Clarity and function
I've had my Razor HD Gen ii on my Howa for a little over a year now. The scope is amazing! What got me at purchase was the extreme clarity of the glass. The shop where I bought it took me outside and let me play around with it. When I asked how far a motel sign was, we got out a range finder and found out it was nearly 700 yds away. On 18x power, I had no problem reading the sign, seeing cars and people down the street, etc. now, what made me a lifelong Vortex customer is an amazing quality, durability, and functionality of the scope. This scope had been dragged around in extreme heat and extreme cold, and it always functions great. It has rode with me in the truck weeks at a time and never has a problem keeping its zero, unlike a few other pricey scopes I've owned in the past. Lastly, I love the turrets and the easy adjustments I can make with the scope, anywhere, anytime with just one tool. I love my scope and plan on buying a PST this fall for my AR. Vortex has made me a customer for life! Their product is unmatched at the price point, and their customer service/staff are easy to talk to for troubleshooting or questions!
Perfect tool for the task assigned
I have had this scope for about 6mo. Now and have shot in a number of PRS style matches. I have been a Leupold and Nightforce fan for years. After reading a lot of reviews by PRS/National Rifle League match shooters, I decided to take the plunge, and so far, I have not been unimpressed. The knobs are very easy to manipulate during transitions, the power ranging ring is very smooth and allows for quick adjustment. Eye relief is great. Yes, the scope is a bit heavy compared to other scopes in the same category, but you get so much for a smaller investment. Across the course, PRS rifles are heavy, to begin with, so the added weight really is not a detriment to these style competitions.
One of the best that money can buy!
I purchased the Razor HD Gen II 3-18x50 FFP scope for my Larue Tactical Predator 7.62, and I have to say that I could not be happier with the performance and features of this scope. I have to use the rifle and scope combination for both competition shooting and hunting. The reticle provides the information I need to make adjustments while on target for fast follow up shots. The glass is crystal clear even at the extreme edges allowing me to make use of the entire field of view. Lastly, you cannot beat the Vortex VIP warranty for peace of mind. I work my Razor hard, and I know if I ever have an issue, Vortex will be there to back me up. The Razor HD Gen II 3-18x50 FFP is a great piece of kit. Thank you Vortex, for such a quality product and service.
Simply put... WOW!!!!!
I just received my Razor HD Gen II 3-18x50 scope and mounted it on my Ruger Precision Rifle. I took it out to the range where I work and set to zeroing it. It didn't take long, although I was interrupted by a couple of customers who needed some help zeroing their rifles. However, before my final 5 clicks "up" adjustment, I managed to put three trounds through the same hole at 1oo yds (see the attached pic)... something I've never done before! I love this scope! The optical clarity, color accuracy, and light-gathering capabilities of this optic are second to none! Looking forward to testing it out to 1000 yds and beyond!
Competes favorably with the best in it's class.
I knew I had to have a special scope for this rifle. The rifle is an M14 in a James Allen Chassis, I could go on and on about the rifle specs as I wanted the best of everything, but this review is supposed to be about the scope. For those of you who may not be aware, the M14 is a known scope killer. As a Service Rifle Rifle shooter, I think in MOA, so I needed a MOA/MOA scope and one to stand up to abuse, the platform can dish out to an optic. For the type of shooting I engage in, extreme magnification is neither required or desired. I never will understand the fascination folks have with ultra-high magnification rifle scopes. After much research, I focused on the Razor 3-18x50 HD Gen II scope. This scoped appeared to have everything I needed in a scope. I spent hours pouring over every review I could find on this scope. Aside from a few complaints about its massive size & weight, there were mostly good comments. The Vortex no fault warranty sealed the deal, providing that extra bit of assurance that should my rifle prove too much for the scope, it would be covered. While shooting prone with a bipod, I am able to clearly follow my bullet trace as it travels to its target. I can tell you from the experience that very few scopes have the optical "chops" to accomplish that feat. That alone puts the HD Razor in an elite class. After owning this scope for around two years, I have found, the scope is robust, and controls are well laid out. The reticle is useful without being too busy, maybe just a bit thin towards the 3x scale. Overall I'd say it was a good value for the price paid, and it's still in taking the abuse of the M14 platform.
This replaced a Nightforce that I sold in a weak moment. As it happens, I got the better deal. The 3x18 power is a perfect complement to any caliber up to 1000 yds. The lenses are clear edge to edge and remain that way regardless of the power setting. The included sunshade is a nice touch, as are the accurate and detailed instructions on sighting in. Although this scope has had limited field exposure to date, its rock-solid repeatability, perfect glass, and highly desirable mild reticle make it ideal for serious distance shooting and range estimation.
Great High End Scope from Vortex
I bought this scope to go on my Noveske 18" SPR. I decided to go with the Razor HD gen two because of all of the positive things I had been reading online regarding this scopes line. I went to the range last week to zero the rifle and test the scope's capabilities. I zeroed at 50 yards initially and was shooting better than .5 MOA. I then took the scope out to 100 yards and was under 1 MOA. I dialed .5 miles and went to 200 yards and finally 1.3 miles out to 300 yards. Dead on at both distances and would have liked to have shot out further, but unfortunately, the range only went 300 yards. The image quality and controls were fantastic and everything I was hoping for in my purchase. I would highly recommend this scope if you are looking for an excellent upper-end optic but don't want to pay $4K for a Schmidt and Bender. You can pay more for a quality scope, but it won't get you anything more than what the Vortex Razor HD Gen 2 3-18 offers.
Crystal clear and easy to use. Clicks are noticeable when adjustments are made. The best part is the price is really good for a scope of this quality.
Love this scope!
When I purchased my AR 10, there was no other scope I wanted to mount on it but this one. Fit and finish fantastic. Illuminated and easily adjustable. The only thing I would want different is the color. Worth every penny, and with Vortex's lifetime warranty comes piece of mind. You can't go wrong, so pull the proverbial trigger and get this scope!
Vortex Razor HD Gen ii 3-18x50 Review
I bought this for my Ruger Precision rifle along with the Vortex 34mm precision mounts. The glass is great. Very clear all the way to the edges and throughout the magnification range. Generous eye relief as well. I love the turrets, and the way zero adjust works. This scope is a bit on the heavy side, but it's built like a tank. For my application, the weight was not a concern.