Vortex Viper 6.5 20x50 PA Rifle Scope
Effortlessly shrugging off recoil, moisture, and darkness! The Viper's status as a premium riflescope won't be as easy to shake. Discover a riflescope with incredible performance features like premium, fully multi-coated optics with 95 percent light transmission, heavy duty Precision Force spring systems and the glass smooth Precision Glide erector system—delivering all this and more at a price that should have pulled a few more hundreds from your wallet than it did.
Features and Benefits of the Vortex Viper 6.5 20x50 :
- XD™ Lens Elements - Extra-low dispersion (XD) glass increases resolution and color fidelity, resulting in crisp, sharp images.
- XR™ Fully Multi-Coated - Proprietary coatings increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
- First Focal Plane Reticle - Scale of reticle remains in proportion to the zoomed image. Constant subtensions allow accurate holdover and ranging at all magnifications.
- Glass-Etched Reticle - Allows for intricate reticle design. Protected between two layers of glass for optimum durability and reliability.
- Illuminated Reticle - Provides precise aiming under low-light conditions
- Tube Size - 30 mm diameter provides maximized internal adjustment and strength.
- Single-Piece Tube - Maximizes alignment for improved accuracy and optimum visual performance, as well as ensures strength and waterproofness.
- Aircraft-Grade Aluminum - Constructed from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum for strength and rigidity.
- Waterproof - O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating for reliable performance in all environments.
- Fogproof - Argon gas purging prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures.
- Shockproof - Rugged construction withstands recoil and impact.
- Hard Anodized Finish - Highly durable hard-coat anodization provides a low-glare matte surface and helps camouflage the shooter's position.
- ArmorTek ® - Ultra-hard, scratch-resistant coating protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil and dirt.
- Capped Reset Turrets - Allow quick re-indexing of the turret (no tool needed) to zero after sighting in the riflescope. Caps provide external protection for turret.
- Side Focus - Adjustment located on left side of turret housing is easily accessible from shooting position. Provides optimal image focus and parallax removal.
Internal Mechanism Design Features
- Precision-Force Spring System - Uses premium components in the erector-spring system to ensure maximum repeatability and ease of adjustment.
- Precision-Glide Erector System - This system ensures the components in the zoom lens mechanism glide smoothly and cleanly through all magnification ranges.
- MAG-Bar - Allows rapid, easy changes in magnification.
- Fast Focus Eyepiece - Allows quick and easy reticle focusing.
Rugged performers hunters have come to rely on.
The distinction between inferior quality and premium tactical scope is undeniable. At MSP, we only offer Rifle Scopes from the most trusted brands like Vortex Optics. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
|Objective Lens Diameter||50 mm|
|Eye Relief||3.1 inches|
|Field of View||17.4-6.2 feet/100 yards|
|Tube Size||30 mm|
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Best deal on a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 for sale
I purchased this as a Christmas gift to replace a scope I already had on a Remington Model 700. I got it all mounted up and fired four shots within a one-inch grouping at 100 yards. The quality of the scope is great. The optics are very crisp and sharp and I really like the reticle. This is a really fine scope with outstanding features at a very fair price. I especially like the ability I now have with this scope to my targets much better in shadow close to sundown.
My Vortex Viper 6.5 20x50 Review
Simply a high-end scope at a mid-range price. Worth double its price. Excellent return to zero after shooting multiple ranges. Clear optics. Click values accurate. I have bought vx3's forever, but a friend told me about these and tried one on my howa 7mm tack-driver and bought a 2nd for my Howa .308. I will buy another for my 6.5x55 when the rifle is finished.
Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 Mil Dot
I have become a fan of Vortex for many reasons. Word of mouth from many friends led me to the purchase of this scope. Yes, there are many better scopes, and there are many higher-priced scopes out there; that point I will not argue. However, I feel that for the money, this scope surpasses most for it's the ability to sight in and adjust. "I just finished putting one on my .45-70 Guide Gun and was amassed that on a set of Leupold Hirings and a Leopold Lock Base; this scope shot left of center(3 inches) at 25 yards out of the box. Made the adjustment to the right and fired center bulls. I moved to 50 yards, fired 1 shot; no adjustments needed. Moved to 100 yards and fired 3 round test. I had to adjust back to the left 2 inches. Then shot two groups of three at the target at 100 yards. Was eating center bull. This is on a .45-70 using 325grain Leverlution Ammo from Hornady. Vortex Rep was right; this Scope can handle the punishment from Magnum Calibers. I probably would have had better groups 20 or so years ago when I was in my prime. I am 68 years old and hate to say it, but those clear-eyed days are long gone when I could bust nail heads over iron sights. I brought this scope to give me an advantage in shooting and hunting in the few times(years I hope) I have left. I have been shooting for 61 years now, and I know an excellent scope when I see one. This is one. Get one and try it. I think that you will be smiling later when you are sitting at home on the computer.
Vortex Rocks !!!
I wanted a scope that didn't break the bank that lived up to My expectations, something I could throw on My 204 Ruger and put behind the seat in My truck and not worry about scratching or banging it up a little, and let Me tell you for the money this scope is the ticket; I zeroed it a 1 1/2" high at 100yds, since then I've dropped it, fell on it, accidentally closed the truck door on it, been bounced around in sleeve behind seat while four wheelings, it's been rained on, left in the truck during cold winters and hot summers and still shoots lights out, I was so happy with it I have since bought three more Vortex scopes. One other thing their customer service is second to none, stop wasting your money and get a Vortex, Nuff said.
Premium Optics that are Affordable
Top-quality optics that are surprisingly affordable. Quality that the average shooter can and does expect from his scope. Accurate, easy to manulipate when changing windage or elevation. With excellent light-gathering results. Exceptionally clear vision at all ranges.
Great Scope for the Money
I like these scopes. I own several of them, and they are all extremely clear and bright. No need for a spotting scope to see the 22 cal. Bullet holes in a target even at 200 yards. I have already convinced several friends to purchase Vortex Vipers and they love them too.
Vortex viper 6.5 20x50 is my favorite rifle scope
Own Leupold, high-end Nikons, this my favorite rifle scope of the bunch. Matched it with a CZ .204 and make cloverleaves out of targets at 200 yards with 32-gram bullets. This is a coyote destroyer, and the scope is so bright and adjusts precisely to keep the groups consistent.
Awesome Rifle Scope
Love this vortex viper 6.5 20x50 scope. If I had a criticism, it is that the protective screw caps on the turret adjustments are high quality, but it means you have to remove them every time you want to dope the scope. Not a bad feature for weather protection, but I use my rifle for bench shooting, so I don't need the protection. I could leave them off, but something inside me wants me to keep the scope as shipped. The service is excellent. I broke a lens cap on the bikini cover, and I have a new one in my hand in 2 days, no questions asked. Great Rifle Scope so far. After I zeroed my scope with my Remington 700 .308, I shot 6 of 8 shots in a 1" bullseye at 100 yards. I'm a newbie to the Remington 700, so I expect to get better as I get adjusted to the rifle, but I'll take this as a start.
My vortex viper 6.5-20x50 review
After comparing several other optics in the same price range, I was unable to find any that matched the viper's features and quality. I was also blown away by the outstanding warranty from the vortex, which is truly a cover all warranty!! They will fix or replace a broken optic free of charge. No matter how it was broken!!! I also placed this optic next to " top of the line optics," sure you can see a slight difference between them, but I couldn't justify $1000-$1200 of difference between them. I did have only one complaint about this optic, only 65 moa of elevation adjustment. After zeroing, not much left over for long ranges... So unless you have a large wallet, do yourself a favor and buy this optic! As far as this product's performance on the range passed a box drill and held up to my 300 RUM's recoil. I am now working on my hand loads to see if I can beat 1/2 " at 100 yards .