Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x24 Riflescope
Optimize the versatility and quick-handling attributes of your AR with the redesigned Vortex Strike Eagle. A true 1x on the low end, Strike Eagle zooms to let shooters rapidly engage targets near and far, and an AR-BDC3 reticle aids in rapid shooting while providing holdover and ranging references from 0-600 yards. Plus, with a thread-in throw lever, you’ll be on target even faster, shot after shot.
Features and Benefits of the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x24
- Illuminated Reticle - Provides precise aiming under low-light conditions
- Fully Multi-Coated - Proprietary coatings increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
- Second Focal Plane Reticle - Scale of reticle maintains the same ideally-sized appearance. Listed reticle subtensions used for estimating range, holdover and wind drift correction are accurate at the highest magnification.
- Glass-Etched Reticle - Allows for intricate reticle design. Protected between two layers of glass for optimum durability and reliability.
- ArmorTek - Ultra-hard, scratch-resistant coating protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil and dirt.
- Shockproof - Rugged construction withstands recoil and impact.
- Waterproof - IPX7 Designed to meet IPX7 waterproofing standards.
- Fogproof - Nitrogen gas purging prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures.
- Tube Size - 30 mm diameter provides maximized internal adjustment and strength.
- Aircraft-Grade Aluminum - Constructed from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum for strength and rigidity.
- Single-Piece Tube - Maximizes alignment for improved accuracy and optimum visual performance, as well as ensures strength and waterproofness.
- Fast Focus Eyepiece - Allows quick and easy reticle focusing.
- Throw Lever - The included throw lever can be installed for quick and easy magnification adjustments.
The distinction between inferior quality and premium 1-8 Rifle Scope is undeniable. At MSP, we only offer Optics from the most trusted brands like Vortex Optics. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
|Objective Lens Diameter||24 mm|
|Eye Relief||3.5 inches|
|Field of View||109 -14.4 ft @100 yds|
|Tube Size||30 mm|
Customer Ratings & Reviews
I put this Vortex strike eagle 1-8x24 optic on one of my DPMS Oracles this past summer, and out of the box it was dead on at 50 yards, I then walked it back to 100 yards, and it was zeroed. I have never had a scope that did not need any adjustments out of the box so I was very happy with that. The reticle is great for fast target acquisition and the magnification is great throughout. The illumination is more fashion over function IMO but this is a fantastic scope overall for the price along with the Vortex warranty. You can't go wrong with this scope.
This replaced a 1-4x scope that was significantly bigger and heavier while giving my 7.62x39 AR-15 a much better optic. Easy to zero after being locked into a one-piece Aero Precision lightweight mount. I generally buy Leupold, but the Vortex strike eagle 1-8 was the right choice for this rifle.
Great 1-8 Scope
I've have the strike eagle 1-8 mounted on a custom 6.8 spc upper. Between plenty of range time and a trip to North Texas hunting pigs/coyotes, it has seen enough action for me to say it functions flawlessly. For the price, I am very impressed with the quality of the glass, and it holds its zero. My only complaint is the illuminated reticle does not have an "off" position between the brightness settings. Otherwise, it's great!
Great scope, great price!
I have the vortex strike eagle 1-8x24mm scope on my Kel-Tec RFB. No problems at all handling the 308 recoil. Very well built and an unbeatable warranty. Glass is better then you’d expect for the price point. Overall, I’m very happy. Brownells was great too!! Came with mount, bonus! Buy it, you’ll like it.
Good so far
I've used this vortex strike eagle 1-8 scope in fair weather only. So I did not expose it to conditions that may cause fogging. In Paul's review, he talks of fogging. I don't know if he has serious internal fogging or if he is getting external fogging. I find the clarity to be OK all the way from 1x to 8x. The 8x box is small, but that is to be expected from such a high powered scope having a 24mm objective lens. It did not come as a surprise. I've used it a couple of times now, and it was easy to zero and helps print great groups. The reticle is very helpful.
My vortex strike eagle 1-8x24 scope review
vortex strike eagle 1-8x24 I have bought several Vortex products and have always been satisfied. I have had an issue with another scope before (reticle spun inside scope), and Vortex stands solid on their warranty without question. Pretty quick service on the previous issue, so I almost exclusively buy Vortex. I purchased this scope for a mid-range and competition gun. Point blank targets out to 400. I haven’t shot long distances yet. Only out to 50 yds. Will stretch it’s legs next month. So far shooting simple 55 gr out of a 1:8 barrel I can overlap hits. Adjustments are quick and reliable. The magnification adjustment was pretty tight to adjust initially but seems to be loosening up a bit with use. There is a slight reduction of eye relief once you turn up above six power but not a huge issue. Glass is excellent quality for the price range. After comparing this to the vortex strike eagle 1-6, I prefer the reticle in the vortex strike eagle 1-8x24. Almost acts like a red dot. The halo helps with target acquisition. The center point is more open than on the 1-6, and bdc has wind hold points incorporated. I don’t consider the illuminated reticle to be daylight bright so I seldom use the illumination. The Brownells mount that came with it (bonus!) seems very solid. So far I am pleased. Will update my review when I’ve stretched out the range and checked the scope tracking.