Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 FFP
The Viper PST Gen II hands an unfair advantage to shooters who seek to keep the upper hand in every situation from close quarters to long-range shots. The illumination dial is cleanly integrated into the side focus adjustment knob for easy access and streamlined performance. The glass-etched reticle offers shooters highly functional, intuitive, and detailed hold points, yet remains uncluttered for optimal viewing and features 10 intensity levels with off positions between each setting.
- XD™ Lens Elements: Extra-low dispersion (XD) glass increases resolution and color fidelity, resulting in crisp, sharp images.
- XR™ Fully Multi-Coated: Proprietary coatings increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
- First Focal Plane Reticle: Scale of reticle remains in proportion to the zoomed image. Constant subtensions allow accurate holdover and ranging at all magnifications.
- Glass-Etched Reticle: Allows for intricate reticle design. Protected between two layers of glass for optimum durability and reliability.
- Illuminated Reticle: Provides precise aiming under low-light conditions
- Tube Size: 30 mm diameter provides maximized internal adjustment and strength. Single-Piece Tube Maximizes alignment for improved accuracy and optimum visual performance, as well as ensures strength and waterproofness.
- Single-Piece Tube: Maximizes alignment for improved accuracy and optimum visual performance, as well as ensures strength and waterproofness.
- Aircraft-Grade Aluminum: Constructed from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum for strength and rigidity.
- Waterproof: O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating for reliable performance in all environments.
- Fogproof: Argon gas purging prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures. Shockproof Rugged construction withstands recoil and impact.
- Hard Anodized Finish: Highly durable hard-coat anodization provides a low-glare matte surface and helps camouflage the shooter's position.
- ArmorTek: ® Ultra-hard, scratch-resistant coating protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil and dirt.
- Tactical-Style Turrets: Exposed turrets provide fast, accurate and easily read elevation and windage adjustments.
INTERNAL MECHANISM DESIGN FEATURES
- RZR™ Zero Stop: Rapid Zero Return (RZR) feature stops the turret from dialing below sight in range using rugged steel components. Internal mechanisms stay free of sand, dirt, dust, moisture and other foreign materials - even when setting the zero-stop position.
- Precision-Force Spring System: Uses premium components in the erector-spring system to ensure maximum repeatability and ease of adjustment.
- Precision-Glide Erector System: This system ensures the components in the zoom lens mechanism glide smoothly and cleanly through all magnification ranges.
- Radius Bar: Fiber optic turret rotation indicator provides a highly visible and tactile point of reference for turret rotations.
- Fast Focus Eyepiece: Allows quick and easy reticle focusing.
- Built-In Accuracy Features: Matching (MRAD or MOA) turrets and reticles facilitate fast and accurate shooting at extended ranges. The patented fiber optic Radius Bar visually assists tracking turret rotations.
The distinction between inferior quality and premium tactical scope is undeniable. At MSP, we only offer Rifle Scopes from the most trusted brands like Vortex Optics. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
|Objective Lens Diameter||50 mm|
|Eye Relief||3.4 in|
|Field of View||24.1-4.8 feet/100 yards|
|Tube Size||30 mm|
|RZR Zero Stop|
|Adjustment Graduation||1/4 MOA|
|Travel per Rotation||25 MOA|
|Max Elevation Adjustment||70 MOA|
|Max Windage Adjustment||35 MOA|
|Parallax Setting||25 yards to Infinity|
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Can't beat the quality for the price of the Vortex Viper PST!
I mounted this Vortex Viper PST gen ii 5 25x50 on a 6.5 Creedmoor for a starter long-range rifle. Super easy to zero. Turrets function and track perfectly. I have nothing bad to say about this optic or vortex. Only shot with the optic out to 700m, but this was plenty of magnification for the area I was shooting in. Great build quality. I would buy another tomorrow.
Old eyes can't tell the difference between Vortex Razor and Vortex Viper PST Riflescope
I put this scope beside a buddy's Razor Gen II 4.5 x 27, and I couldn't tell the difference with my old eyes. Granted, it was a clear day, and in the middle of the day, so low light may have been a different story. However, not worth a $ 1,300 price increase. I can own two of these for that and have money left over for mounts! Shot a 1.7" group at 500 yds with my 6.5 Creedmoor. Couldn't be happier!
The Vortex Viper PST riflescope = Great Clarity and Smart Features
I’ve finally reached the age where I can’t use open sights to compete at 1000 yards, so I opted to put a scope on my AR-based spacegun in 6 mm HAGAR. The Vortex Viper PST GEN II 5 25x50 is precisely what I’d expect from the high-end line from VORTEX Optics. The scope is apparent, resulting from high-quality glass. I opted for the second focal plane scope for my fixed-distance shooting, so I cannot comment on the first focal plane. I’m pleased with my decision. The knobs are large and easy to adjust in position. The lighted reticle switch on the left side of the tube (adjacent to the parallax focus adjustment knob) has an “Off” position in between each intensity level, allowing the shooter to select an appropriate level and then quickly switch the optics off and return to an on-location immediately. The scope is well worth the price I paid.