Vortex Recon R/T 15x50 Tactical Scope
Rock solid stability in the field
The Recon R/T is a unique, advanced tactical piece of equipment that is unlike any other in the field—the first truly compact, full-featured spotting scope developed especially for field surveillance and range estimating. The quick-handling, lightweight design features brilliant optical performance using Vortex premium XD glass and XR lens coatings. Featuring a unique modular design with Picatinny rails, the Recon R/T permits use with an almost unlimited number of accessories; the versatile attachment clip secures the Recon R/T to any belt or strap for rapid deployment. The R/T ranging reticle using mrad-based subtensions also includes a secondary quick-ranging system based on a human silhouette.
- XD™ Lens Elements - Extra-low dispersion (XD) glass increases resolution and color fidelity, resulting in crisp, sharp images.
- XR™ Fully Multi-Coated - Proprietary coatings increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
- Phase Correction - Coating on roof prism models enhances resolution and contrast.
- Roof Prism - Valued for greater durability and a more compact size.
- Waterproof - O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating for reliable performance in all environments.
- Fogproof - Argon gas purging prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures.
- ArmorTek ® - Ultra-hard, scratch-resistant coating protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil and dirt.
- Rubber Armor - Provides a secure, non-slip grip, and durable external protection.
- Main Focus - Allows for sharp image acquisition at distances from as close as 12 feet to infinity.
- Fine Focus - Allows for precise focus adjustment for fine image detail.
- Utility Clip - The versatile, multi-position utility clip allows for multiple attachment points and quick attachment to pocket edges, equipment or vests.
This ranging reticle uses MRAD-based subtensions and includes silhouettes for quick ranging. The angular measurements allow you to calculate ranges when comparing the reticle to objects of known dimension.
- vortex monocular 15x50
- vortex 15x50 monocular
- vortex recon rt 15x50
Vortex Quick Links:
- Vortex strikefire 2
- Vortex sparc
- Vortex strike eagle 1-6
- Vortex venom
- Vortex crossfire ii
- Vortex crossfire ii 6-24x50
- Vortex strikefire ii
- Vortex red dot
- Vortex precision rings
- Vortex 1-8
- Vortex venom mount
- Vortex uh1
- Vortex strike eagle
- Vortex diamondback 3x9x40
- Vortex razor amg 6-24x50
- Vortex spitfire 3x
- Vortex diamondback 4-12x40
- Vortex 3x9x40
- Vortex Viper 6.5 20x50
The distinction between inferior quality and premium Monocular is undeniable. At MSP, we only offer Optics from the most trusted brands like Vortex Monoculars. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
|Objective Lens Diameter||50 mm|
|Eye Relief||16 mm|
|Exit Pupil||3.3 mm|
|Linear Field of View||215 feet/1000 yards|
Customer Ratings & Reviews
This monocular is carriable, being about half the size of a large binocular—a great ranging reticle. Sadly, Vortex no longer offers a ranging reticle on their spotting scopes, and their monocular line is all they offer. I opted for the 15 power, which must be braced for a stable image. I use it on a small tripod. The tripod mount on this unit is 90 degrees off of the preferred orientation for the reticle. Vortex provides a 90-degree adaptor, but stability suffered, so I just used the reticle canted 90. A tripod thread on the bottom of this monocular would be a tremendous improvement. The image is excellent. Overall, a good value. I am doing target shooting. The ten power is probably better suited for hunting, but I would also look at the Optolyth 10 X 28.
vortex optics recon r/t 15x50 tactical scope monocular
50mm diameter lens provides very comfortable viewing scope. However, it's 15 times zoom, which means you need a very steady hand to hold it. The easy-to-read distance measuring scale really gives me an approximate object distance measurement. It is fun to have Vortex Recon tactical scope; I love to have it whenever I travel.