Streamlight Sidewinder Rescue Flashlight
The Sidewinder Rescue is a slim, lightweight personal light that can be used as a life-saving beacon in times of distress or during swift water rescue operations. A 185° articulating head features a “slide-in-place” diffuser that projects omni-directional light so you can be seen from almost anywhere.
- Four LEDs provide all of the colors you need for a distress marker - no need to use filters that can get lost or broken
- White C4® LED for bright light: 55 lumens; 1,175 candela; 69m beam distance
- Blue LED (470 nm peak wavelength ) alerts friendly forces; distinguishes strobe from ground fire: 1.8 lumens; 130 candela; 23m beam distance
- IR LED (880 nm peak wavelength) for covert operations: 25mW/sr (min) radiant intensity
- Green LED (527 nm peak wavelength ) to help preserve night vision: 4.5 lumens; 68 candela; 16m beam distance
- All LEDs provide unidirectional light for general lighting needs and omni-directional light when using the slide-in-place diffuser
- Diffuser provides omni-directional light per CID A-A-59176 (formerly MIL-SPEC MIL-L-38217D)
- Flash rate: 120 bpm (default); push and hold button to achieve 50 bpm
- Two "AA" alkaline batteries (included) provide fast replacement with readily available batteries. Also accepts two “AA” lithium for extended operation in extreme temperature environments (-40F to 150F). Tactile battery polarity indication on body facilitates battery replacement in the dark. Battery compartment cap tethered to prevent loss of cap
- Aluminum plate provides flat surface to adhere Velcro® for attaching to helmet
- Paracord lanyard provides extra security from loss of the light and also allows it to be worn around the neck. Additionally, it can enhance air-to-ground visibility when the light is turned on and spun overhead like a lasso in a circular pattern to increase the likelihood of being spotted by a search and rescue team
- Cord attachment holes provided in battery compartment cover capable of supporting 25 lb of load
- Push-button switch enables/disables selected illumination source. Double-click of push-button initiates high output strobe of selected illumination source; tactile indicator on rotary knob for IR LED position
- Pull-to-turn rotary selector knob for LED selection; prevents accidental mode changes
- Powers on at low output and progresses to high intensity in four discrete steps; double-click push button for strobe (all LED colors have a strobe function); all functions can be performed one-handed
- IPX7-rated design; waterproof to 1 meter for 30 minutes. O-ring and gasket-sealed openings for waterproof operation. Meets MIL-STD-810F, Method 512.4.
- L x W x D: 2.34" x 1.08" x 4.65" (5.94 x 2.74 x 11.81 cm)
- Weight: Lithium – 4.38 oz (124 g); Alkaline – 5.02 oz (142 g)
- Available in Coyote
- High-impact, super-tough, nylon cases offers exceptional durability and weather resistance; gasket-sealed, unbreakable polycarbonate lens with scratch-resistant coating
- 3 meter multiple orientation impact resistance tested
- Assembled in USA
|Sidewinder Rescue (Aviation Model) White C4 LED, Green, Blue, IR LEDs. Includes 2 “AA” alkaline batteries. Clam packaged.
|Sidewinder Rescue Kit (Aviation Model) White C4 LED, Green, Blue, IR LEDs Includes MOLLE retainer, paracord and 2 “AA” alkaline batteries. Clam
Sidewinder Quick Links
- sidewinder flashlights
- streamlight sidewinder
- sidewinder led flashlights
- sidewinder handheld flashlight
- streamlight sidewinder flashlights
- streamlight sidewinder compact
Streamlight Quick Links:
- streamlight laser light combo
- streamlight ar light
- streamlight flashlight
- streamlight for ar15
- streamlight tlr 10
- tlr10 streamlight
- streamlight flashlights
- streamlight tlr-10
- streamlight tlr7a
- streamlight stinger
- streamlight pressure switch
- streamlight protac
- streamlight tlr
- streamlight polytac
- streamlight protac hl
- streamlight protac rail mount 2
- streamlight glock 19
- streamlight tlr10
- streamlight tlr-3
- streamlight tlr 6
The distinction between inferior quality and premium flashlight is undeniable. At MSP, we only offer the sidewinder from the most trusted brands like Streamlight Flashlights. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
A useful light with good run time. Plastic is not rugged.
I use the red lens when operating a non-back-lit sound recorder and setting up my night-vision camera or telescope. The two-stage white light illumination is just proper when following a path after dark, and battery life is surprisingly long. It lost one star because the lens bezel cracked at the housing attachment slot when dropped from waist-high. It stays on due to the button side ring holding the bezel in place, though it now lifts a bit and may snag eventually and break off. I will try a drop of super glue soon to correct this. I still like the form factor.
I needed a red flashlight. It would have been better to place a second red LED next to the white one rather than a cheap sliding piece of red plastic. ( it also leaks a bit of white light when closed ) Streamlight went rather far to make their price point on this item. I use it, but I don't really like it.
The sidewinder flashlight is the toughest little flashlight
The sidewinder flashlight is the toughest little flashlight I have ever seen. It is a well-thought-out design that uses AA batteries which is a plus for me. The controls work great, the clip is heavy duty and the angle head seems to be very strong. I bought it to put in my backpack, but I like it so much that I keep it with me. The only I would like to see different is a UV bulb instead of the green. The mil version has an ir bulb, and the civilian version has a green bulb. I would rather have a uv bulb, but it is not available. If the offer one later, I will rebuy it and I would recommend this light to anyone who is serious about having a user-friendly heavy-duty light to depend on
Streamlight designs its flashlight in such a way that it is customized to a particular profession or purpose. Hunters love the Streamlight Stinger series in a compact package for their super-bright results, yet are also rechargeable and almost indestructible. Law enforcement and the shooting community love the Streamlight TLR Series bright light, toughness, and long-lasting quality. Based on the success of the Streamlight TLR-1 light, they have made several newer versions like the Streamlight TLR-2 weapon light with Laser. Now, Streamlight has produced the TLR-3, TLR-4, TLR-6, TLR-7 and TLR-8 tactical flashlights. The Streamlight stylus pro has been designed for those who need a bright LED light in difficulty reaching nooks and crannies, such as the engine interiors that mechanics need to see or the different angles of a crime scene that forensic specialists need to inspect. Whatever the specifications, Streamlight aims to provide you with the best lighting solution possible. The bottom line is this - if you want a flashlight that is there for you every shift, holds a charge all night and puts out plenty of light in police or tactical situations, you can't go wrong with a Streamlight brand light.