Streamlight ProTac® Rail Mount HL-X: Dedicated Fixed-Mount, Dual Fuel Long Gun Light
The Streamlight ProTac Rail Mount HL-X is a 1,000 lumen weapon-mounted light featuring a dedicated fixed-mount for Picatinny rails. It uses either a remote switch with momentary/constant on operation or a standard push-button tail switch and can run on either two CR123A lithium batteries or one Streamlight rechargeable 18650 battery.
- Features TEN-TAP® Programming – Choose from three user selectable programs:
1.) high/strobe; 2.) high only; 3.) low/high
- C4® LED illumination output and run times:
- High for maximum illumination: 1,000 lumens; 27,600 candela; 332m beam; runs 1.25 hours (CR123A batteries); runs 1.5 hours (18650 battery)
- Low for extended run time: 60 lumens; 1,600 candela; 80m beam; runs 20 hours (CR123A batteries); runs 22 hours (18650 battery)
- Strobe for signaling or disorienting: runs 2.5 hours (CR123A batteries); runs 3.25 hours (18650 battery)
- Solid State power regulation provides maximum light output throughout battery life
- Dual fuel - uses two CR123A lithium batteries (included); also accepts one Streamlight rechargeable 18650 lithium ion battery
- Remote pressure switch features momentary and “constant on” operation
- Integrated rail clamp attaches to MIL-STD-1913 rails
- Easy to attach, secure mounting
- Durable, anodized aluminum construction with impact-resistant tempered glass lens
- IPX7 rated with the Standard button switch installed; waterproof to 1 meter for 30 minutes.
- IPX4 rated with the Remote Pressure Switch installed
- Operating temperature: -40°F to +120°F
- Durable, anodized aluminum construction
- Anti-roll head
- Includes two CR123A lithium batteries, remote pressure switch, push-button tail switch, remote retaining clips, double-sided tape and zip ties
- RoHS compliant
- Limited lifetime warranty
High Lumens: 1,000
Run Time on High: 1.25 hours
Run Time on Low: 22.00 hours
Beam Distance: 332 meters
Max Candela: 27,600
Battery Type: 18650 Lithium Ion Battery, CR123A Lithium
Battery Quantity: 2
Length: 5.43 inches (13.79 centimeters)
Weight: 6.40 ounces (181.44 grams) - 6.90 ounces (195.61 grams)
The distinction between inferior quality and premium flashlight is undeniable. At MSP, we only offer flashlights from the most trusted brands like Streamlight Flashlights. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
My Streamlight Protac Rail mount hl-x review
Full disclosure I'm a Streamlight fan. My first rechargeable light when I was a Police Officer was a Streamlight SL-20. It never failed. I wish these new LED lights would have been available while I was still working. I have this Streamlight protac Railmount hl-x light on my AR-15; this light is for my Tavor SAR. The light output is an incredible, nice center section with a large periphery. Does what it's supposed to do, built like a tank. Will pass down to kids or grandkids for sure.... unless they come up with something else by then.
Streamlight Protac hl-x rail mount
I have two of these Streamlight Protac hl-x rail mount now and am very impressed. My only other experience with weapon-mounted lights was in the military with our issue Surefire's. These, in my opinion, are for the average civilian shooter an excellent alternative that is affordable and offers great lumens. I most likely will get a third one to mount to my AK and round out my home defense rifles equipped with these lights.
Streamlight Protac rail mount hl-x is an excellent mounted light!
I have owned my Streamlight 88066 for about nine months now, and I am very pleased. First, it's very bright and has a nice hot spot. The pressure pad is an excellent addition to mount and use. Caution, however, that the pressure pad is a somewhat sensitive and accidental discharge of light is very easy. I used surefire lights when I was active duty, and I can't really see why someone would spend so much more money for a surefire when this Streamlight is an option. I would not hesitate to patrol in Afghanistan, or my local city streets with this Streamlight mounted.
Great for law-enforcement!
I use this flashlight on my duty weapon. I certainly love how strong it is. I also cannot possibly describe how truly pray this light is. You really have to see it for yourself. This is hands-down the Streamlight ProTac Rail Mount HL-X is the best light that I’ve ever owned.
Streamlight ProTac Rail Mount HL-X Long Gun Light
This version comes with a Pic Rail mount which when removed exposes the Scout Mount compatible interface. I used the Magpul Scout light mount (M-LOK® Offset Light/Optic Mount, Aluminum) which attaches to the Midwest Industries PAP m-lok rail. It fits very well. I drilled out the holes on the remote switch and used two M-Lok screw/nuts to attach it very nicely to the m-lok rail. It should be designed to accommodate this so we don't have to drill it.
Streamlight designs its flashlight in such a way that it is customized to a particular profession or purpose. Hunters love the Streamlight Stinger series in a compact package for their super-bright results, yet are also rechargeable and almost indestructible. Law enforcement and the shooting community love the Streamlight TLR Series bright light, toughness, and long-lasting quality. Based on the success of the Streamlight TLR-1 light, they have made several newer versions like the Streamlight TLR-2 weapon light with Laser. Now, Streamlight has produced the TLR-3, TLR-4, TLR-6, TLR-7 and TLR-8 tactical flashlights. The Streamlight stylus pro has been designed for those who need a bright LED light in difficulty reaching nooks and crannies, such as the engine interiors that mechanics need to see or the different angles of a crime scene that forensic specialists need to inspect. Whatever the specifications, Streamlight aims to provide you with the best lighting solution possible. The bottom line is this - if you want a flashlight that is there for you every shift, holds a charge all night and puts out plenty of light in police or tactical situations, you can't go wrong with a Streamlight brand light.