Streamlight Sidewinder Compact II - Tactical C4 LED Flashlight
The Sidewinder Compact II accepts multiple power sources: one CR123A lithium battery, one AA lithium battery or one AA alkaline battery to provide ultimate flexibility in the field.
The same great features as the original Sidewinder Compact: lightweight, multi-directional and multi-functional. The difference? It accepts a variety of different battery types to ensure you always have a power source wherever and whenever duty calls.
- Uses one 3V CR123A lithium battery (included). Also accepts 1 AA lithium battery or 1 AA alkaline battery
- Four individual light sources:
C4 LED, white, impervious to shock with 50,000Hr lifetime
5mm Blue LED, 470 nm peak wavelength, impervious to shock with 100,000Hr lifetime
5mm IR LED, 880 nm peak wavelength, impervious to shock with 100,000Hr lifetime
5mm Red LED, 630 nm peak wavelength, impervious to shock with 100,000Hr lifetime
- Sidewinder Compact II Light Output and Battery Run Time
- Pull-to-turn rotary selector knob prevents accidental mode changes and allows selection of LED color
- Rubber dome actuator and 4 position pull-to-turn locking rotary selector knob with IR LED tactile indicator provides easy operation even when wearing heavy gloves
- Powers on at low output and progresses to high intensity in four discrete steps
- IR Safe mode prevents accidental activation and battery depletion while in IR mode
- Double-click push button to initiate strobe (all LED colors have a strobe function)
- 185 tilting body. Rotates 360 on helmet mount
- Durable clip attaches to helmet or MOLLE vest.
- Cord attachment hole provided in clip capable of supporting 25lbs of load
- 3 meter impact resistance tested
- IPX7/waterproof to 1 meter for 30 minutes. O-Ring and gasket sealed openings. Meets MIL-STD-810F, Method 512.4
|Models #||Item Description|
|14510||Sidewinder Compact II Military Model -White C4 LED, Red, Blue, IR LEDs includes helmet mount and CR123A lithium battery. Boxed|
|14512||Sidewinder Compact II Military Model -White C4 LED, Red, Blue, IR LEDs includes helmet mount, headstrap and CR123A lithium battery. Clam packaged|
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Best little light!
Best little light! I like everything about the Streamlight Sidewinder Compact II. I previously had two sidewinder compacts and a AA sidewinder. Purchased this one essential to get the low output for the first mode. Happy I did! I have over 20 other lights including, 2 O light S10 one S20 one M20 Nitecore SRT3, SRT5, SRT7, Sunwayman D20A, and several others. Guess I like lights perhaps? Also, have an O light S15 on the way.
The best thing since sliced bread
The best thing since sliced bread. I've been through a plethora of headlamps before this one, and I'm disappointed that I wasted so much money on all of those. The fact that this can interface with my tactical helmet, a ball cap, or on the molle of my tactical gear or plate carrier is stupendous. The clip is super sturdy and stays right where you leave it both in terms of rotation angle and actual retention. The light itself has a ton of variability with five levels of brightness on each setting and four different output modes. Having to hold down the button to change intensity is a little bit annoying, but nothing life-or-death. Changing light patterns (white, blue, red, IR) is easy and definite; there is no way it can slip out of one option into another. The fact that this unit can take AA or CR123A batteries is fantastic. I have cases upon cases of AA batteries and am more than happy to feed the light with those rather than expensive CR123A. So far I am still on the original Kirkland AA battery I put into the light and have used it on three multi-day outings both in the sun and pouring rain. I highly recommend it. Have only had the item for about two months, but it's going strong with a good deal of usage.
Streamlight designs its flashlight in such a way that it is customized to a particular profession or purpose. Hunters love the Streamlight Stinger series in a compact package for their super-bright results, yet are also rechargeable and almost indestructible. Law enforcement and the shooting community love the Streamlight TLR Series bright light, toughness, and long-lasting quality. Based on the success of the Streamlight TLR-1 light, they have made several newer versions like the Streamlight TLR-2 weapon light with Laser. Now, Streamlight has produced the TLR-3, TLR-4, TLR-6, TLR-7 and TLR-8 tactical flashlights. The Streamlight stylus pro has been designed for those who need a bright LED light in difficulty reaching nooks and crannies, such as the engine interiors that mechanics need to see or the different angles of a crime scene that forensic specialists need to inspect. Whatever the specifications, Streamlight aims to provide you with the best lighting solution possible. The bottom line is this - if you want a flashlight that is there for you every shift, holds a charge all night and puts out plenty of light in police or tactical situations, you can't go wrong with a Streamlight brand light.