Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16x44 FFP
Try not to spit out your coffee as you check the price of the Vortex Diamondback Tactical FFP after reading about its impressive performance and features. The first focal plane reticle, a feature ordinarily reserved for 4-figure-priced optics, allows shooters to use the information-packed EBR-2C reticles for ranging, holdovers or windage corrections on any magnification. Housed inside its durable, one-piece aluminum tube is a 4x optical system delivering excellent edge-to-edge clarity and sharp resolution. Exposed elevation and windage turrets are low profile enough to stay out of the way in packing situations but offer the quickness, ease, and precision of dialing accurate shots at a distance. A side adjustable parallax gives shooters peace of mind by removing parallax error from the equation from 10 yards to infinity.
Features and Benefits of the Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24x50:
- XD™ Lens Elements - Extra-low dispersion (XD) glass increases resolution and color fidelity, resulting in crisp, sharp images.
- Fully Multi-Coated - Proprietary coatings increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
- First Focal Plane Reticle - Scale of reticle remains in proportion to the zoomed image. Constant subtensions allow accurate holdover and ranging at all magnifications.
- Glass-Etched Reticle - Allows for intricate reticle design. Protected between two layers of glass for optimum durability and reliability.
- Tube Size - 30 mm diameter provides maximized internal adjustment and strength.
- Aircraft-Grade Aluminum - Constructed from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum for strength and rigidity.
- Waterproof - O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating for reliable performance in all environments.
- Fogproof - Nitrogen gas purging prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures.
- Shockproof - Rugged construction withstands recoil and impact.
- Hard Anodized Finish - Highly durable hard-coat anodization provides a low-glare matte surface and helps camouflage the shooter's position.
Internal Mechanism Design Features
- Precision-Force Spring System - Uses premium components in the erector-spring system to ensure maximum repeatability and ease of adjustment.
- Precision-Glide Erector System - This system ensures the components in the zoom lens mechanism glide smoothly and cleanly through all magnification ranges.
- Fast Focus Eyepiece - Allows quick and easy reticle focusing.
- Magnification Rib - The raised rib on the magnification ring facilitates fast magnification changes in the heat of action
The distinction between inferior quality and premium tactical scope is undeniable. At MSP, we only offer Rifle Scopes from the most trusted brands like Vortex Optics. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
|Objective Lens Diameter||44 mm|
|Eye Relief||3.8 inches|
|Field of View||26.9-6.7 feet/100 yards|
|Tube Size||30 mm|
|Turret Style||Tall Exposed Tactical|
|Adjustment Graduation||1/4 MOA|
|Travel per Rotation||15 MOA|
|Max Elevation Adjustment||85 MOA|
|Max Windage Adjustment||85 MOA|
|Parallax Setting||20 yards to Infinity|
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Buy this scope!
Bought this Vortex 4-16x44 diamondback tactical ffp riflescope for an ar for 300 and less precision shooting. And wow, I was blown away for how good it was for a budget buy. I highly recommend this optic! Very nice clarity at full zoom. No haze around the edging. Another great scope by vortex!
Better than expected.
Great riflescope. The vortex diamondback tactical 4-16x44ia better than I expected for this price range. It has very clear glass and a great reticle. Unbelievable value for an FFP scope. I would buy another if I had a gun to put it on. It was shipped fast too.
The Vortex diamondback 4-16x44 is a very clear optic and tracks well. It’s a very nice scope for the money. I have only been out to shoot a couple of times and have had zero issues with it so far. I’ll come back to review once I have had more time to use it.
Vortex Diamondback tactical 4-16 is Great Value
I placed this vortex 4-16x44 diamondback tactical scope on my Savage 110 tactical in 308, and it performs. I was looking for a Mil-dot scope that would work for both hunting and tactical applications, and this scope delivers on both. You won't break the bank but will have everything necessary to reach out and hit the target. The adjustments are spot on, and the glass is pretty clear for an optic in this price range. I've even already dropped it a few times, and it still holds zero. If you are in the market, go ahead and pull the trigger. (pun intended)
Vortex Diamondback tactical ffp is worth every penny.
Bought together with the Vortex mount. The very nice and sturdy piece at the price. The first day at the range sighted in great. I will be back and looking forward to the fine-tuning. All the great features needed with anti-fog/ weatherproofing. The reticle is a bit too fine, almost transparent; but it should look great on clear days (I'm in N. WA)
vortex diamondback tactical 4-16x44 ffp review
I bought this vortex diamondback tactical scope roughly nine months ago and waited to leave a review. It has been tested at the range (desert shooting) and hunting. I bought it to mount on my Ruger American Predator 6.5 CM, and it is mounted with a DMZ single piece scope ring. Keep in mind I would be considered a novice, but I enjoy shooting and hunting, and I am learning. My experience with a variateybof scopes is lacking. However, I am impressed with this scope. At 4x, I would feel confident seeing the crosshairs out in the field of trying to shoot a close deer range. In full 16x, it has excellent clarity. It holds its zero well. I wanted to take it out to the desert before hunting to check it’s zero, and the first shot at 100 yds was dead center, not an exaggeration. I couldn’t have poked a pencil through it and done a better job. The following shots were right there too. Adjustments appear to be accurate based on sighting in, will practice more with not using holdovers and using the turrets. The clarity in low light is excellent. I spotted a deer just at first light when I could hardly see. I pulled my gun out laid down and looked through the scope to see what it was. Unfortunately, it was a doe but could see this clear as day with little light at full power. Keep in mind I had just turned off my headlamp a few minutes prior while hiking in. I do not understand the comments that say this is a downfall to this scope. Same with last light when testing it out in the backcountry with bushes and rocks mixed in the background, excellent clarity, and easy to see everything in detail. I would recommend for as a hunting scope, especially when dealing with open terrain like big game hunting in the western US, where you may have to take longer shots. I have complete confidence in my gun, partly due to this scope.
Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16x44
diamondback tactical scope is a very clear optic and tracks well. It’s a very nice scope for the money. I have only been out to shoot a couple of times and have had zero issues with it so far. I’ll come back to review once I have had more time to use it.