New and Improved - Magpul MIAD GEN 1.1 Grip Kit – TYPE 1: AR15/AR10 5.56x45 receivers
For all those who were looking forward to a more comfortable and ergonomic version of the standard AR 15 and AR 10 grip, the MIAD or the Magpul Mission Adaptable Gen 1.1 Grip is a perfect choice. The MIAD grip is intended to enhance ergonomics with a variety of changes and inclusions. To enable tailored hand fit, the rear and front straps are designed to be interchangeable. The texture has been modified to be extra tough to ensure better weapon control. It comes in 2 different configurations and works well with all Magpul grip cores for storage compatibility.
As an add on to the initial MIAD Grip, the updated version comes with significant enhancements in strap retention and a new grip core that can hold a ½ oz lubrication bottle(excluding oil) which is also included in the overall package.
- The first type or Type 1 Kit (MAG520) is designed to fit almost all 5.56 * 45 and 7.62 * 51 AR receivers.
It should be noted that certain 7.62 * 51 receivers might need TYPE 1 or 2 in accordance with the weapon generation and other elements. While Type 1 goes with most of 7.62 * 51 AR lower receivers, it might or might not have a gap between the receiver and the back strap’s beavertail and this variation affects only the look and not its function. The overall package includes mounting hardware and is manufactured completely in the United States.
Dimensions and Elements – An Outline
- The MIAD Gen 1.1 Grip is a perfect substitute for AR 15 and AR 10 grip.
- Type 1 is compatible with AR 15, M4 and other 7.62 * 51 variants like HK 417/MR762A1, CORE Rifle Systems CORE30, POF P-38, Mega Arms MATEN, LWRCI REPR, Ruger SR-762 and SIG716.
- The back straps of Type 2 are taller and are compatible with few specific 7.62 * 51 receivers like Armalite AR-10A / B / T, the DPMS LR308, the LMT .308 MWS, S&W M&P10, the KAC SR25 and LaRue OBR.
- The front and rear straps are detachable and interchangeable to allow customized fit. The slip resistant texture enables better weapon control.
- The inner core is detachable and holds a lubrication bottle of ½ fl oz capacity but oil is not included in the package.
- Certain storage cores come with custom waterproof battery storage (for AA, AA or CR123A batteries). Few may also have a spare bolt or firing pin (AR15 or M4).
- Every kit comes with 3 small, medium or large sized back straps, 2 A1 and A2 style front straps, a lubrication bottle core and a dual drive mounting screw.
- The grip is available in 4 different colors Black (MAG-520-BLK), Gray (MAG-520-GRY), Coyote (MAG-520-COY) and Ranger Green (MAG-520-RGR).
It should be noted that the product is controlled by ITAR or International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
*NOTE: Some additional 7.62x51 makes might require either the TYPE 1 or TYPE 2 Kit depending on the generation of the weapon and/or other considerations. In general, the TYPE 1 Kit will fit most all 7.62x51 AR lower receivers but there may or may not be a gap between the backstrap's beavertail and the receiver. This gap is purely aesthetic and will not affect function.
The distinction between inferior quality and premium AR15 pistol grip is undeniable. At MSP, we only offer AR15 Accessories from the most trusted brands like Magpul. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
Customer Ratings & Reviews