Eotech Vudu 1-6
Although declared as a compact scope with an overall length of 10.6 inches (270mm), and at 19.75 ounces (560g), it’s a bit heavy, but it packs a lot of features into a beautiful single-piece aircraft-grade aluminum construction. The most valuable feature is its first focal plane (FFP), a standard for the high-end scopes, equipped with the glass-etched reticle that will remain in proportion to the target across the entire zoom range. It has an illuminated reticle and windage, and elevation adjustments are graduated in 0.2 MRAD or .5 MOA increments. The 1-6x24mm is offered in several different reticle types, with an exciting feature which looks familiar to EOTech holosight users. When zoomed down at 1x, the marksman sees a large circle (like the EOTech holographic sights) with a small center reference. As shooter zoom up to 6x, the more precise target reticle comes into view. The lenses used in the production of these scopes are of coated, extremely bright, High Density (HD) glass.
As you may notice, the newly announced EOTech offerings cover a broad segment of the shooting market suited both for CQB, mid-range or for extended range precision engagements. Crafted with the world of three gun shooters in mind and also intended for severe hog hunters looking for scopes that can be used for close range moving targets the EOTECH 1-6X rifle scope is a flagship of that Vudu line. The Vudu 1-6x version has a 30mm tube and a 24mm objective lens with a broad field of view which is at 1x wide 20 degrees and 6x 3.2 degrees. The eye relief on all models is in the range of 80-100mm (3.1"-3.9") across the zoom scale, in other words, that means the eye relief at 1x is 80-100mm and at 6x is 82-102mm.
The turrets on Vudu line are what you expect out of an excellent tactical scope, with easy to manipulate knobs and additional construction features such as a detachable pronounced lever on the magnification ring dubbed the Throw Down PCL Lever. That is an excellent option for low-powered optics that gives you the ability to make rapid power changes. Optical features of Japanese-made1-6X rifle scope include XC high-density, low-dispersion glass, and illuminated glass-etched reticle while the controls for the illumination in the form of push buttons with ten brightness levels are nice and easy to use. Furthermore, the EOTech claims the battery life of its CR2032 is 10,000 hours on minimum brightness setting at room temperature, which is impressive. The illuminated reticle also is supplied with 2-hour auto shutoff capability what should be more than adequate for hunters or 3 gun competitors.
For the final thought, the EOTech Vudu first focal plane scope is water, fog, and shock-resistant and possess image clarity much better than other similar style optics. This 1x-6x variable optic is a perfect solution for short to medium range shooting and should be an attractive option in the marketplace.
Features and Benefits of the Eotech Vudu 1-6:
- XC High-Density glass
- EZ Chek zero stop feature
- EOTech Speed Ring reticle allows for fast target engagement at low power, but at higher power provides the resolution and accuracy required to tackle longer shots
- Magnification: 1-6x
- Objective Lens: 24mm
- Focal Plane: First Focal Plane
- Eye Relief: 1x: 83-100mm; 6x: 82-100mm
- Exit Pupil: 1x: 11.4mm; 6x: 4.0mm
- Field-Of-View (Degrees): 1x: 19.4 degrees; 6x: 3.2 degrees
- Field-Of-View (@100 Yards): 1x: 102.4 ft; 6x: 16.7 ft
- Exterior Finish: Flat Black; Type III anodized
- Illumination Controls: Push Buttons
- Exposed Optical Surface Treatment Lens Coating :Broadband anti-reflection coating
- Windage and Elevation Increment Per Click:
- SR2, SR3 Models: Approx. 0.5 MOA
- SR1 Model: Approx. 0.2 MRAD
- Total Elevation Adjustment Range About Factory-Defined Zero Reference: ± 14.5 min MRAD or ± 50 MOA
- Total Windage Adjustment Range About Factory-Defined Zero Reference: ± 14.5 min MRAD or ± 50 MOA
- Battery Type: CR2032
- Auto Power Shut-Off, Typical Time Interval at Which Power Will Shut Down to Preserve Battery Life: Approx. 2 hrs
- Battery Life, Typical Time of Use at Middle Brightness Setting at Room Temperature: Approx. 500 hrs
- Overall Length: 270 mm (10.63 in)
- Weight: 20.1 oz (570 gr)
- Tube Diameter: 30mm
The distinction between inferior quality and premium AR-15 Scope is undeniable. At MSP, we only offer Rifle Scopes from the most trusted brands like Eotech Vudu. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
What sold me on the Eotech vudu 1-6x was the reticle. The quality is certainly up there with other name brand scopes and you are definitely getting what you pay for in this price range. Glass clarity is excellent. But that reticle!! On 1.1 power, you've got the familiar EOTech circle/dot and it's quick as can be, but dial it up full power, and you zoom in to a smaller circle/dot arrangement with a drop calculator. It's simple and clean and uncluttered but still extremely fast. After looking through every other big name brand 1 power scope, I found it hard to find needs for all the crazy reticles they're using, I mean, how accurate can you be at 1 power anyway? This is perfect, has enough zoom for taking an AR as far as it's useful range can go, and is quick. The illumination is crisp, and you can even run it off and have a black reticle. I love it, impressive. Only downside I can find is that the red illumination is very obvious through the front of the scope, I wouldn't use this in a situation that requires your stealth.