Eotech 558 - Holographic Sight
As many enthusiasts will know, when it comes down to robust and accurate holographic sights, EOTech is one of the top brands to be on the look out for. In 2014 EOTech recently released information on their brand new holographic sight; the EOTech 558.
With EOTech’s proud to announcement of the EOTECH 558 we can now experience a unique model that blends the advantages of the 512 model and its AA batteries along with the quick detach mounting base and the side buttons of the previous EXPS models. With the arrival of the brand new 558, will allow EOTech to streamline the production of their sights and will slowly begin to replace the 556, 553TAN, 553BLK, 516 and even the 517 models.
EOTech’s ingenuitive power solution.As always, the popular Michigan EOTech manufacturer enjoys to provide a new bespoke twist to all their sights and how they are powered; with the 558 running entirely off the typical and most common style of battery. The household AA battery.
It’s all about high quality.
Nevertheless, with many brands of AA battery, the lifespan and running time of the holographic sight depends entirely on the brand of battery and grade that you choose to use. Typically, lithium batteries can last up to an incredible 1,000 hours of continuous and constant use while set at a nominal setting per unit, while batteries such as alkaline, provide only 600 hours of continual use.
EOTech have their sights set on being user friendly.
Unsurprisingly this isn’t the first sight from EOTech that has been solely aimed to be incredibly user friendly as the 558 comes with a far easier-to-find power source. In recent times, EOTech had previously introduced its Laser Battery Cap, which would retrofits its older sights to run primarily off AA batteries.
The 558 is above and beyond previous models.
For the best part, the new EOTech 558 has many of the same features as the 518 model and both sights are nearly identical in both their weight and size respectively. The 558 also comes with a side-button functionality, and is compatible with most magnifiers and is featherweight at only 13.3 ounces.
A significant benefit and plus to the EOTech 558 Holographic sight is that it is set up to work with night-vision Generation I-III optics. The sight is also waterproof to approximately 33 feet, which is significantly more when compared to other sights such as the 518 which is only waterproof up until 10 feet. The 558 also comes with a 30 different brightness settings, whereas other models only come with 20.
The sight can be easily added or removed by the quick detach mount that is easily compatible with Mil-Spec Picatinny and Weaver rails. Just like many other EOTech sights that come with the popular quick detach mount, the sight’s units have been fashioned to be within 1 MOA when remounting after removal.As with most high-end and quality holographic sights you should expect to pay more than the typical or average budget sight. The 558 model is listed with an MSRP of $629 on the company’s website, nevertheless it can be found cheaper if you are prepared to do a little scouting.
- Length/Width/Height: 5.5” x 2.2” x 2.8” (140 x 56 x 71 mm)
- Weight: 13.3oz (377 g)
- Waterproof: Submersible to 33 ft. (10 m) depth
- Mount: 1” Weaver or MIL-STD-1913 rail
- Return to Zero: Repeatable to within 1 MOA after re-mounting
- Brightness: 20 daylight settings - 10 additional settings for Gen I through III+ night vision devices
- Power Source: Two 1.5 V AA batteries - Supports lithium, alkaline, or rechargeable
- Battery Life: Lithium: 1,000 continuous hours at nominal setting 12 - AA alkaline: 600 continuous hour
Popular EOTech Holographic Sights :
- EOTech 512 - Most popular holographic weapon sight. It’s ideal when you need the best in speed and versatility.
- EOTech 552 - Most affordable night vision-compatible sight and it partners with most night vision-devices.
- EOTech EXPS3 - Offers true 2-eyes-open shooting, and a 7 mm raised base that still allows for iron sight access.
- EOTech XPS2 - Shortest, smallest, and lightest EOTech model holographic weapon sight available without night vision.
- EOTech EXPS2 - True 2-eyes-open shooting and provides an unparalleled targeting experience.
- EOTech XPS3 - Smaller and lighter than all other holographic weapon sights but just as fast.
- Eotech 518 - Works on readily available AA batteries yet provides most of the functions present
- EOTech 558 - A unique model that blends the advantages of the 512 model and its AA batteries along with the quick detach mounting base and the side buttons of the previous EXPS models.
- Eotech Combo with Magnifier
- Eotech HHS ll - HHS provides an unparalleled advantage when transitioning from short to long range shooting.
- Eotech HHS l - Offers a solution for targets that change ranges quickly in CQB situations.
- Eotech HHS IIl - A Eotech 518 with g33 magnifier that offers extremely quick close quarter targeting with the magnifier switched away
- Eotech XPS3 with G33 magnifier - Package is simular to HHS-I but with the EOTech XPS3-0 and Eotech Magnifier
- Eotech 512 with G33 - a MSP Package is simular to Eotech HHS III but with the Eotech 512 and Eotech Magnifier
The distinction between inferior quality product and premium a EOTech Holographic Sight is undeniable. At MSP, we only offer Holographic Red Dot Sights from the most trusted brands like Eotech. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
|Length:||5.6 in (142.3mm)|
|Width:||2.2 in (55.9mm)|
|Height:||2.9 in (73.7mm)|
|Weight:||13.8 oz (391.2g)|
|Mount:||1" Weaver or Mil-Std 1913 rail|
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Found my Eotech 558 for sale at mountsplus
I have two EO Tech holographic red dot sights, and they are fantastic pieces of equipment. I have used other red dot sights that either pooped out after a few seasons or would not hold a zero, but the EO Tech is reliable and accurate. I have the versions which run on AA batteries which I can find anywhere and are cheap. Some people don't like the "fuzzy" appearance of the dot and the circle around the dot, but it does not affect accuracy; as a matter of fact, I can keep all shots on a standard playing card at 100 yards with my tired 70-year-old eyes, and my high refractive index lenses which are hard to see through when you tilt your head to shoot (no one can look straight into the optics of a rifle, the head is leaning on the stock). Considering all of this, the Eotech is very forgiving and, even with no magnification, is extremely accurate. Buy one. You won't be sorry. You will have spent your money well.
Great Optic. You won't be disappointed
I previously owned an AGOG TA01NSN-RMR. I really thought this buy was a mistake but quickly realized this was all the scope I needed. The value of the 558 EOTech far exceeds the cost. This one outperforms all in its class and doesn't break the bank. It's also effortless to set up and get on paper. If you're a shooter, this is all you need from 10ft to 200yrds. I mounted this on a Stag Arms Model 3. I have total confidence in this setup for hunting, shooting, and personal protection. Buy it, shoot it, love it.
Love This sight
This is the best sight you could ever install on a turkey gun or close-quarters weapon. The EOTech is easy to operate and is fast on target acquisition. You can't go wrong with this sight. Reliable, durable, not to mention...... very cool looking!
I have to say that the EOTech model 558 sight is well worth it. I have purchased several other views for my AR, ONLY, to return them. I was able to zero in my AR at 50 yards with just a handful of ammo. If you are serious about a high quality, accurate, and dependable sight, the EOTECH 558 is for you.
· 7 years ago Outstanding tactical weapon sight
I recently purchased the Eotech 558 for my AR-15. It was easy to install and very accurate. It is a high-quality optic and well worth the price. It is also compatible with the flip-up rear sight I installed. If the batteries on the Eotech 558go dead while I'm shooting, I can flip up the rear site and still shoot looking through the EOTech lens. I highly recommend the product.
This is my 3rd EOTech sight. I have two with the 123 battery and one with the N battery. The N battery is on my slug barrel, and I feel like I need to replace batteries every couple days during deer season, but the 123 battery on my .44Mag and AR are wonderful. On the AR, I plan to add a magnifier later. I like these sights for shooting with both eyes open and picking up the target quickly. The fact that I have now purchased three should be a testament to my overall satisfaction with the EOTech platform.
The EOTech 558 sight was extremely easy to install and sight in. Out of the box, the sight elevation was correct, and the windage was 4 inches to the left. Following the directions, this change was completed quickly and was extremely accurate.
Big but nice
The EOTech 558 is a little larger then I expected but well built & beautiful and bright! Easy to see in daylight. Nice being able to use AA batteries rather than the more expensive three v ones. Used it for 3 days straight on a shotgun in a competition three-gun match & ran great & still going strong - worth the $$$.