EOTech 552.A65 Holographic / Military Red Dot SightAre you a sportsman interested in hunting with night vision? Give the 552 another look. The 552 is EOTech's most affordable night vision-compatible sight and it partners with most night vision-devices. The 552 is designed to increase your speed to target even after the sun goes down.
- Length/Width/Height: 5.6” x 2” x 2.5” (143 x 51 x 64 mm)
- Weight: 11.5oz (325 g)
- Water Resistant: Submersible to 33 ft. (10 m) depth
- Mount:1” Weaver or MIL-STD-1913 rail
- Brightness: 20 daylight settings 10 additional settings for Gen I through III+ night vision devices
- Power Source: Two 1.5 V AA batteries Supports lithium, alkaline, or rechargeable
- Battery Life: Lithium: 1,000 continuous hours at nominal setting 12 at room temp.AA alkaline: 600 continuous hours at nominal setting 12 at room temp.
EOTech 552 Overview
While on daytime operations there is only one type of accessory that can improve your visibility and aim no matter the brightness and need. This is, of course, the weapon sight. One of the best weapon sights out there is the EOTech 552. Not only does it offer twenty different settings for daylight operations, which means that it works just as well in a dusty environment as it does in the middle of an open desert at noon, but it also offers unlimited eye relief.
The designs are streamlined, perfectly practical and comfortable for use. This model takes AA batteries. While lithium batteries are recommended, you can also use alkaline and rechargeable batteries.
The casing has an anti-glare coating and is made out of durable materials. The front lens is made of thick glass while the rear is a shatter-resistant laminate. The 552 is easily adapted onto a Picatinny rail and will be immediately ready for use. Using lithium batteries, you can have 1000 hours of continuous use. Alkaline batteries offer 600 hours of continuous use.
When set to 4 inches eye relief the 552 offers a 30-yard field of view. It is no wonder that this model is extremely popular in the HWS market. Get your own EOTech 552 as soon as possible and enjoy amazing quality for a very long time.
Popular EOTech Holographic Sights :
- EOTech 512 - Most popular holographic weapon sight. It’s ideal when you need the best in speed and versatility.
- EOTech 552 - Most affordable night vision-compatible sight and it partners with most night vision-devices.
- EOTech EXPS3 - Offers true 2-eyes-open shooting, and a 7 mm raised base that still allows for iron sight access.
- EOTech XPS2 - Shortest, smallest, and lightest EOTech model holographic weapon sight available without night vision.
- EOTech EXPS2 - True 2-eyes-open shooting and provides an unparalleled targeting experience.
- EOTech XPS3 - Smaller and lighter than all other holographic weapon sights but just as fast.
- Eotech 518 - Works on readily available AA batteries yet provides most of the functions present
- EOTech 558 - A unique model that blends the advantages of the 512 model and its AA batteries along with the quick detach mounting base and the side buttons of the previous EXPS models.
- Eotech Combo with Magnifier
- Eotech HHS ll - HHS provides an unparalleled advantage when transitioning from short to long range shooting.
- Eotech HHS l - Offers a solution for targets that change ranges quickly in CQB situations.
- Eotech HHS IIl - A Eotech 518 with g33 magnifier that offers extremely quick close quarter targeting with the magnifier switched away
- Eotech XPS3 with G33 magnifier - Package is simular to HHS-I but with the EOTech XPS3-0 and Eotech Magnifier
- Eotech 512 with G33 - a MSP Package is simular to Eotech HHS III but with the Eotech 512 and Eotech Magnifier
The distinction between inferior quality product and premium a EOTech Holographic Sight is undeniable. At MSP, we only offer Holographic Red Dot Sights from the most trusted brands like Eotech. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
|5.6 in (143mm)
|2.0 in (51mm)
|2.5 in (64mm)
|11.1 oz (312g)
|1" Weaver or Mil-Std 1913 rail
Customer Ratings & Reviews
MSP had the Eotech 552 for Sale, the best weapon sight!
Simply the best weapon sight I've ever used. Despite it being superior for close quarters, it also has a 1 MOA aiming dot for an accurate fire at longer ranges. Having used other Milspec sighting systems, this is the one I settled on—rock-solid construction. My rifle was dropped from a height of 2 1/2 feet and landed on the top of the EOTech; the zero did not change. The ability to use AA batteries instead of button cells or other uncommon types is a distinct advantage over other red dot sights. The battery saver shuts down sight automatically after 4 or 8 hours, depending on if you power up with the left or right button. Not the sleekest in appearance but best in design and function.
BEST close in sighting system
The EOTech 552 is by far the BEST close in sighting system ever invented! You would think that because it is such great close insight, you can't get exceptional accuracy out of it, but you would be mistaken. The 1 mil dot shows up quite well at longer ranges. I chose the EOTech 552 because replacement AA Lithium batteries are easy to find, inexpensive, and plentiful.
FAST! FAST! FAST!
FAST! FAST! FAST! This is both eyes open; no thinking required speed shooting. If I had to fight with a gun, this is it! But actually, I'm a tin can and paper puncher. The 1 moa dot on the EOTech model 552 allows 2 -3" groups at 100yds with my Spikes AR. I also have the 3X magnifier, but it magnifies the dot into a little blurry thing, so it's not so good.
I'm using the 552 EOTech on an M1A Scout
I'm using the 552 EOTech on an M1A Scout with the forward mounting rail. The multiple dots for bullet drop serve well at indoor ranges so you can zero for 25 yards and then also shoot at 20 and 15 by using the other dots as the center without having to adjust zero again. I love the accuracy with this.
I found that the EOTech 552 works well for all applications. I use it for deer hunting, target shooting, and for a protection sight, its great day or night. I have mounted the sight on a SOCOM II .308. I would buy another one and recommend it.
An Excellent Sight!
I have owned the EOTech 552 for two years now and love it! I just purchased a new carbine and ordered the 512 to complement it. The EOTech 552 does everything that it says it will. It works in all conditions without fail and truly is (in my opinion anyway) the best sight on the market. I have added a GGG Accucam, a Lens Cover, and a Scope Coat. All accessories fit perfectly and added even more to this sight. I never have to zero in again after I have removed it from my rifle for storage until the next time I need it! Perfect shots every time! Bottom Line: A magnificent sight for any tactical firearm!
EOTech model 552 is FAST! FAST! FAST!
EOTech model 552 is FAST! FAST! FAST! This is both eyes open; no thinking required speed shooting. If I had to fight with a gun, this is it! But actually, I'm a tin can and paper puncher. The one moa dot allows 2 -3" groups at 100yds with my Spikes AR. I also have the 3X magnifier, but it magnifies the dot into a little blurry thing, so it's not so good.
This Eotech 552 a65 sight is easy to mount.
It comes with a slotted thumb screw for quick mounting and un-mounting. You also have a hex-head screw to use instead of the thumbscrew, for more secure mounting. It has brightness adjustments for any lighting condition. By lowering the brightness, you can have an excellent dot. I have used this at 100m to shoot clay pigeons with an AR. No magnifier optic was used. It also has an auto shut off feature, 4 or 8 hours. The only downside is the buttons used to turn the sight on and off. Please have an adjustable default setting. As it stands now, the view turns on in the middle of the brightness level, and I always have to adjust up or down. It's a very minor complaint. It is far easier to aim and provides for a more precise accuracy than iron sights.
I have this EOTech 552 on my Bushmaster
I have this EOTech 552 on my Bushmaster carbine flattop AR-15. This thing is awesome! It mounted within seconds to my flattop receiver. I got it sighted within a quarter at 50 yards. The holographic image allows you to keep your peripheral vision while shooting. (keep both eyes open)I have not yet used the night vision feature, but I wanted to have it just in case Uncle Sam gives me my orders for the desert. The AA batteries are very convenient and can be changed very fast.
There's a good deal of debate there about whether the military/law authorities variant of the EOTech HOLO sight is well worth the additional hundred bucks or so. I've got multiple of the 552. A65 sights plus they set up with a great deal of punishment. They are very impact resistant so that you can bang on them about beam and the reticle remains where you place it. I have never owned one of the civilian models, but from the three mil/LE models I've, they've never slipped. I hear co-workers speak about their civilian models having to be re. If you're based on your sight out in the field, shock/impact immunity is critical. Also, it can take AA batteries. There's a good deal of debate between AA versus CR-123, but in many nations and areas, you may have some trouble locating CR-123 batteries. AA batteries are offered pretty much everywhere that batteries could be bought.