EGW Red Dot Mount for the Docter, Burris Fastfire, Vortex Venom, and Vortex Viper for 1911 Novak
This mount fits (including but not limited to):
- CZ 75 Bull Shadow
- STI with fixed rear sights
- STI Marauder
- Christensen Arms 1911
- Colt Delta Elite 10mm (2016 and newer)
- Ruger SR 1911 (fixed rear sight)
- Sig Sauer Nightmare
- Citadel 1911s
- Springfield Armory 1911 EMP - 9mm / .40
- Springfield Armory 1911 EMP 4" Lightweight Champion - 9mm / .40
- Springfield Armory 1911 EMP 4" Conceald Carry Contour Model - 9mm / .40
- Springfield Armory 1911 Champion Operator Lightweight - .45
- Springfield Armory 1911 Range Officer Compact - 9mm / .45
- Springfield Armory 1911 Range Officer Champion - 9mm / .45
- Springfield Armory 1911 Range Officer Elite Compact - 9mm / .45
- Springfield Armory 1911 Range Officer Elite Champion - 9mm / .45
- Springfield Armory 1911 Range Officer Elite Operator - 9mm / .45
- Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded (Fixed Rear Sight) - .45
- Springfield Armory 1911 TRP
- Rock Island TCM Rock Standard MS HC Combo - 22TCM/9MMTCM
- Rock Island TAC Ultra FS Combo - 22TCM/9MMTCM
- Rock Island Rock Ultra FS Combo - 22TCM/9MMTCM
- Rock Island TAC Ultra FS HC Combo - 22TCM/9MMTCM
- Rock Island TAC Ultra MS HC Combo - 22TCM/9MMROCK
- Rock Island Ultra CS-LTCM Rock Standard FS HC Combo - 22TCM/9MMROCK
- Rock Island Ultra CCO
- Rock Island TAC Ultra FS HC - 45 ACP
- Rock Island TAC Standard FS - 45 ACP
- Rock Island TAC Ultra FS HC - 9MM
- Rock Island TAC Ultra FS - 45 ACP
- Rock Island TAC Ultra CS - 45 ACP
- Rock Island TAC Ultra CS - 9MM
- Rock Island TAC Ultra FS - 10MM
- Rock Island TAC Ultra MS - 10MM
- Rock Island Rock Standard FS - 45ACP
- Rock Island M1911-A1 FS Tac
- Rock Island Rock Ultra CS - 45 ACP
- Rock Island Rock Ultra CS-L
- Rock Island Rock Standard MS - 45ACP
- Rock Island Rock Ultra CCO
- Rock Island Rock Standard FS - 9MM
- Rock Island Rock Standard CS - 45 ACP
- Rock Island Rock Ultra FS - 9MM
- Rock Island Rock Ultra FS - 10MM
- Rock Island Rock Standard FS 2-TONE - 45 ACP
- Rock Island Rock Ultra MS - 10MM
- Rock Island Rock Standard FS MATTE NICKEL - 45 ACP
- Rock Island Rock Ultra FS - 40 S&W
- Rock Island Rock Ultra FS - 45 ACP
- Rock Island Rock Ultra FS HC - 10MM
- Rock Island Rock Ultra MS - 45 ACP
- ATI GSG 1911 .22
- ATI GSG 1911 Target
- ATI GSG 1911 HGA
- ATI GSG 1911 CA Compliant
- ATI GSG 1911 ADOP
- Iver Johnson Hawk 45 Matte
- Iver Johnson Hawk 45 Matt NS
- Iver Johnson Hawk 9 Matte
- Iver Johnson 9 Matte NS
- Iver Johnson Hawk Polished
- Iver Johnson Hawk Polished NS
- Iver Johnson Thrasher Polished 45
- Iver Johnson Thrasher Polished 45 NS
- Iver Johnson Thrasher Polished 9
- Iver Johnson Thrasher Polished 9 NS
- Iver Johnson Thrasher Polished 40
- Iver Johnson Thrasher Polished 40 NS
- Iver Johnson Thrasher CHR45
- Iver Johnson Thrasher CHR45 NS
- Iver Johnson Thrasher CHR9
- Iver Johnson Thrasher CHR9 NS
- Iver Johnson Hawk Digital Navy NS
- Iver Johnson Hawk O.D. Green
- Iver Johnson Hawk O.D. Green NS
- Iver Johnson Hawk Coyote Tan
- Iver Johnson Hawk Coyote Tan NS
- Iver Johnson Thrasher SS 45
- Iver Johnson Thrasher SS 45 NS
- Iver Johnson Thrasher SS 9
- Wilson Combat Supergrade Commander Special
- Wilson Combat Tactical Carry Compact
- Wilson Combat Tactical Supergrade
- Wilson Combat Tactical Supergrade Compact
- Wilson Combat Tactical Supergrade Professional
- Wilson Combat Tactical Carry
- Wilson Combat Tactical Carry Professional
- Wilson Combat Tactical Elite
- Wilson Combat Vickers Elite
- Wilson Combat Vickers Elite Commander
- Wilson Combat X-Tac
- Wilson Combat X-Tac Compact
- Wilson Combat X-Tac Elite
- Wilson Combat X-Tac Elite Carry Comp Pro
- Wilson Combat X-Tac Elite Professional
- Wilson Combat X-Tac Professional
- Wilson Combat X-Tac Elite Compact
- Wilson Combat X-Tac Elite Carry Comp
- Wilson Combat Protector
- Wilson Combat CQB
- Wilson Combat CQB Elite
- Wilson Combat CQB Tactical LE
- Wilson Combat CQB Light-Rail Lightweight
- Wilson Combat Ultralight Carry
- Wilson Combat Ultralight Carry Commander
- Wilson Combat Ultralight Carry Professional
- Wilson Combat Ultralight Carry Compact
- Wilson Combat Ultralight Carry Sentinel
- Wilson Combat ULC Commander Compact
- Wilson Combat Carry Comp
- Wilson Combat Carry Comp Professional
- Wilson Combat Hackathorn Special
- Wilson Combat Hackathorn Special Commander
- Wilson Combat Tactical Elite
- Wilson Combat EDC X9
- Wilson Combat EDC 9 Compact
- Wilson Combat EDC 9 Professional
- Wilson Combat Protect Professional
- Wilson Combat Elite Professional
- Wilson Combat Professional
- Wilson Combat Professional Lightweight
- Wilson Combat Professional LR-LW
- Wilson Combat Bill Wilson Carry
- Wilson Combat Protector Compact
- Wilson Combat CQB Compact
- Wilson Combat CQB LR-LW Compact
- Wilson Combat CQB Commander
- Wilson Combat CQB Commander Compact
- Wilson Combat Sentinel Compact
- Wilson Combat Stealth
- Wilson Combat MS Sentinel
- Wilson Combat Sentinel
- Wilson Combat Sentinel Compact
- Wilson Combat Sentinel Professional
- Wilson Combat Super Sentinel
- Wilson Combat Sentinel XL
Minor modification to the sight base may be necessary for some 1911s including Rock Islands, Citadels, and GSG 1911 .22s.
Please note, some manufacturers use licensed Novak rear sights. These are cut to the manufacturer's spec and are NOT GENUINE/traditional/true Novak rear sight cuts. One of the most common manufacturers to do this is Taurus. Ruger also uses smaller Novak rear sights on their fixed sight revolvers. Our mount will NOT fit these applications since they are not a traditional/true Novak cut. We do not offer any options for those applications. Please refer to Novak's site and/or call the manufacturer of your firearm to confirm that you have a GENUINE Novak cut, not a licensed Novak cut.
Please see our common 1911 dovetail chart if you are not sure which cut you have.
Material: 7075 Aluminum
Coating: Matte Black Hardcoat
Overall Length: 1.811"
Overall Width: .99"
Dovetail Width: .500"
Mounting Hardware: (2) 6-32 Button Head Screws, (2) 6-32 Flat Head Screws, (1) 6-32 Set Screw
Red Dot Fitment:
- Vortex Viper
- Vortex Venom
- Burris FastFire 1, 2, 3, 4
- ADE RD3-001
- ADE RD3-002
- ADE RD3-009
- UTG Reflex Micro Dot
- Crimson Trace CTS-1200
- Crimson Trace CTS-1300
- Sightmark Mini Shot
- Sightmark Core Shot
EGW red dot mounts are meant to be installed from the left to the right (with the muzzle facing forward). The dovetail has a progressive taper to allow for easier install.
Simply remove the rear sight on your gun and replace it with our mount in order to mount your Vortex Viper/Venom, Burris FastFire, or Docter red-dot sight. You can take our mount off and replace your rear sight at any time. Mounting hardware included.
- Remove the rear sight*
- Install the EGW Sight Mount in the dovetail
- Tighten set screw (if applicable)
- Place the red dot sight on the EGW Sight Mount
(placing a small piece of paper between the red dot sight and the sight mount will make for easier removal and will keep Loctite off of the red dot sight.)
- Apply blue Loctite to the provided mounting screws
- Torque mounting screws to 15in/lbs
2 Button Head Cap Screws - Provided for Vortex Viper and Venom Sights
2 Flat Head Cap Screws - Provided for Burris FastFire and Docter Sights
The screws that are included with this mount require a 5/64'' allen wrench for installation.
Modification of your firearm may nullify the manufacturer's warranty.
This product should be installed and checked by a qualified gunsmith.
No liability is expressed or implied for damage or injury which may result from improper installation or use of this product.
The EGW Vortex Venom 1911 Novak Mount is the perfect way to add a red dot sight to your 1911 pistol. This mount is designed specifically for the Vortex Venom red dot sight and is an ideal fit for any 1911 with a Novak-style rear sight cut.
The EGW Vortex Venom 1911 Novak Mount is made from high-quality materials and is built to withstand the rigors of shooting and training. The mount is easy to install and requires no gunsmithing skills. Simply remove your existing rear sight and replace it with the EGW Vortex Venom 1911 Novak Mount using the included mounting hardware.
In addition to its practical benefits, the EGW Vortex Venom 1911 Novak Mount also adds a sleek and tactical look to your 1911 pistol. The mount is finished in a black color that matches the look of your Vortex Venom red dot sight, giving your setup a cohesive and professional appearance.
Overall, the EGW Vortex Venom 1911 Novak Mount is an excellent choice for anyone looking to add a red dot sight to their 1911 pistol. Whether you're a professional user or a hobbyist, the EGW Vortex Venom 1911 Novak Mount is a reliable and effective mounting solution.
- 1911 novak red dot mount
- novak red dot mount
- 1911 red dot mount no drilling
- vortex venom 1911 mount
- vortex venom 1911 novak mount
- 1911 red dot mount novak
- 1911 red dot mount
1911 Quick Links
- 1911 accessories
- 1911 scope mount
- 1911 optic mount
- 1911 sights
- 1911 sight mount
- kimber 1911 red dot
- Rock iIland 1911 red dot mount
- magpul 1911 grips
- 1911 recoil buffer
- trijicon rmr novak dovetail mount for 1911
Vortex Venom Quick Links:
- Vortex Venom
- Vortex Venom for sale
- Vortex Venom glock mount
- Vortex Venom on ar15
- Vortex Venom picatinny mount
- Vortex red dot
- Venom red dot
- Vortex Venom on shotgun
- Vortex Venom red dot for sale
- Vortex Venom red dot
- Vortex Venom ar mount
- Vortex Venom offset mount
The distinction between inferior quality and premium Fastfire mount or Vortex Venom Mount undeniable. At MSP, we only offer Mounts from the most trusted brands like Burris Optics. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Fits my Springfield 1911 loaded Operator
Finding a sight that would fit my Springfield 1911 Loaded Operator was a difficult task. After trying out three others, I finally found this one and it worked flawlessly. However, it's worth noting that the original rear sight was tough to remove. The factory seems to have used a multiton press to install it, as there was no glue used. I used a Wheeler Engineering Armorer's Handgun Sight Tool, but I couldn't even budge the old rear sight. I also tried a vice and punch tool with a 5lb sledge, but nothing worked. I ended up having to cut through the center of the sight mount down to the base of the slide using a Dremel tool with a metal cut-off wheel. This was a lengthy process and there was a risk of damaging the slide if I made a mistake. This is just a cautionary note to consider removing the rear sight before purchasing this mount, as not everyone has access to these tools.
Fits Springfield 1911 fixed sight
I installed the Novak-style mount on my Springfield 1911 Loaded pistol. It fit perfectly with just a gentle tap from a brass punch. The challenging part was removing the original sight. I created soft jaws for my vice, used a steel punch covered with a .22 casing and a 16 oz ball peen hammer. With a precise technique and a strong hit, the sight drifted out. I had previously watched a YouTube video where the person suggested removing the firing pin first, as there was a spring under their sight. However, this step was not necessary for my Springfield model.
novak 1911 red dot mount
I received the novak 1911 red dot mount today and finally it fits my 1911 Springfield Operator in 45 ACP perfectly. I paired it with an AT3 Tactical ARO Micro Red Dot, and everything fit well except for the mounting screws. I had to slightly decrease the width of the screw heads so they could be flush with the mounting holes, but that was not a significant issue. I will report back on its performance after shooting, but it appears sturdy and should function well.
thankfully it was larger than the slide notch and could be filed down to size ;)
I finally discovered that I needed a Novak-style sight mount for my Rock Island 1911 A1-style pistol. I ordered a 1911 novak mounting plate and when it arrived, I found that it was slightly too large to fit into the slide notch. This was actually ideal because all the previous mounts I had ordered were far from fitting. So, my roommate and I used files to shave down the sides until we were able to tap it into place. Now, I have a RDS on my .45 and it works great. Aesthetics are not a concern for me as long as it functions properly, even if there are some dings and scratches.
Will it fit a GSG 1911 22LR?
This is more of a question rather than a review. I'd like to know if this will fit in a GSG 1911 22LR which has a 60 degrees dovetail cut instead of the regular 65 degrees.
1911 novak mounting plate
This EGW 1911 novak mounting plate was very easy to install after removing the rear sight. This is my third EGW 1911 red dot mount, and all have performed very well. These are very sturdily built. They have a nice flat black finish.
Springfield 1911 red dot mount
This mount fit my Springfield 1911 just great. No fitting necessary but a good tight fit. The Vortex Venom worked perfectly. I'm sure I'll get good service from this mount , as I have from previous EGW mounts.
I rated this adapter low only because it wasn't the correct mount for my GSG. The reason it doesn't fit is because its intended for the GSG with picatinny rail in front of the trigger. I ordered a different mount that was designed for the "Novak" cut, coincidentally I purchased the "novak" cut adapter for my Rock Island 1911 with the same "Novak" cut.
Works great RIA Vortex Mounting Plate
I would have given this a 5 star but, the ONLY issue i had was it was just about1/16 too big. Not off by much because i basically took off the paint and very little metal on both sides. After that it pressed in very nicely. Once in and Red dot mounted it is holding great on the 10mm. I put about 100 rounds through it and is still on point.
Burris Fastfire dovetail mount
I was looking for a springfield 1911 red dot mount for my Fastfire. The EGW Mount worked perfectly and fitted securely.
1911 dovetail red dot mount
This EGW Mount works excellent as a rock island 1911 red dot mount. Fits perfect on the gun and sight. Now i can have some fun with the Vortex Venom.
Rock Island 22TCM/ 9mm Novak Mount
For those of you interested in mounting this on your 1911 RIA 22TCM/9mm this is the mount you will need if it has the Novak cut. Now this did require some filing, and filing, and some more filing as the cut on the RIA was not as close as I hoped. Once I was within a couple thousandths of where I needed to be I was able to press it in without issue. It is also secured with the provided set screw w/ blue Lok-tite. This mount fit my Burris FF III perfectly.