Magpul ASAP QD Ambidextrous Sling Attachment Point
A AR-15 QD Single Point Sling Mount
The Magpul ASAP-QD (Ambidextrous Sling Attachment Point) allows a wide range of motion, enabling true ambidextrous weapon manipulation for both left and right handed shooters.
- Replaces the standard AR15/M4 carbine stock receiver end plate
- Provides a tactical advantage by minimizing sling snagging and facilitating easy transition to and from weapon and reaction side shoulders.
- Works with one-point type slings with push-button quick disconnect sling swivels such as the MS4 GEN 2.
- Made from precision cast black Melonite™ finished steel
- Compatible with both mil-spec and commercial-spec carbine receiver extensions.
- Ambidextrous Sling Attachment Point for quick-detach swivels adds a centrally located socket at the rear of the receiver.
- More than 180° of sling movement enables both left- and right-handed shooters to quickly shift their weapon between shoulders
- Mount cup is angled slightly downward for greater freedom of motion
- Low-profile design includes rounded edges that minimize snagging.
- Works with one-point type slings with push-button QD connectors as well as sling with QD loop assembled on back.
Extremely handy and great finish!
The distinction between inferior quality and premium AR End Plate is undeniable. At MSP, we only offer AR-15 Slings from the most trusted brands like Magpul Slings. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Magpul Ambidextrous Sling Attachment Point
The Magpul QD end plate is a quality product built to last from Magpul. I have had no issues when installed correctly with the right tools. Easily able to disconnect when not needed. I would recommend it considering a single point attachment.
Quality as usual from Magpul
I purchased this magpul asap qd endplate to put on my Ruger AR-556, and I'm delighted with the way it fits and functions. The ASAP gives the user the ability to attach a single point sling with a QD push button attachment at one of the optimal points on the rifle. As the name suggests, this method of mounting a sling allows for easy ambidextrous use. It facilitates smooth transition of the rifle from the strong side shoulder to the weak side shoulder without tangling or binding. I am currently running this with Magpul's MS4 sling. Installing the ASAP requires the removal of the buffer and spring, the castle nut, and the buffer tube. With a castle nut wrench, this should be pretty straight forward. I did not encounter any problems when installing mine. Upon completing the installation, I did stake the castle nut without any trouble. One note that should be made is that when a sling is attached at the endplate, the Magpul CTR stock that I'm using does not collapse to it's shortest point. For myself, this is not an issue, as I keep the stock extended beyond this point. Swapping out the endplate is a relatively low cost way to add a very functional upgrade to any AR platform rifle.
Magpul QD end plate is a Great upgrade
Fit and finish are great. My only comment is that since this part is made to fit a variety of rifles, it is a little loose on the lower before you tighten the castle nut. As other customers have indicated, attach a QD sling attachment to the end plate before you tighten this down. That way, you are able to ensure the QD attachment will fit after installing this AR end plate.
Nice qd sling mount socket
Install the Magpul sling attachment was quick & easy - If you don't have AR tools consider castle nut removal before purchasing. Works well for sling connection point, may not have purchased this if my adjustable stock had a QD mount integrated. The Magpul sling attachment is solid, QD connects easily and zeroes issues when in use. I would purchase it again.
Love the Magpul asap QD sling mount
Extremely low profile for what it does. Used the Magpul QD end plate on a pistol build for a single point sling. The QD Swivel sometimes gets in the way, but not really an issue, but this plate is perfect. It holds the QD Swivel without issue, and when the swivel has been removed, it's like there is nothing there.