Superlative ARMS .750" Adjustable Piston Kit Clamp On Melonited Low Pro AR15
THE SUPERLATIVE ARMS Piston Kit PATENTED “BLEED OFF”, GAS PISTON SYSTEM FOR THE AR15 PLATFORM ADJUSTS THE GAS FLOW BY BLEEDING THE GAS OUT OF THE BLOCK INSTEAD OF RESTRICTING THE FLOW LIKE CONVENTIONAL ADJUSTABLE BLOCKS. RESULTS:
- The pressure used in the block is reduced only to the amount required to drive the bolt carrier. The remaining gas / pressure are bled out of the block allowing the system to run much cleaner and cooler.
- Reduction of felt recoil.
- Patent pending adjustment detent is located outside of the block and therefore no contamination.
- The gas adjustment screw does not restrict the gas flow; therefore there is no erosion or seizing of the screw / no loss of detent due to carbon build up. Although it is removable, we have added a safety mechanism, which stops you from unintentionally backing the screw all the way out.
- When using SBR’s and / or suppressors the bleed off port allows the excessive pressure to be exhausted out of the block reducing blow back.
- Firearm Type: AR15
- Piston Block Attachment Type: Clamp On, Socket Head Cap Screws
- Piston Block Material and Finish: 416 SS, Melonite
- Carrier: Ion Bonded, 1 pc. Carrier w/ Skis and Dimpled Key
- Gas Adjustment: (Patent Pending) 30 Locked Positions, Front Of Block
- Bleed Off Port: (Patent Pending) Front Of Block
- NOT 300 BLK RATED!
|Gas Length:||Pistol||Carbine||Mid-legth||Rifle Lenght|
|Weight:||12.8 oz.||13.1 oz.||13.4 oz.||13.8 oz|
- Piston Block Assembly
- Carrier (bolt not included).
- (1) 3/32" X 6" Hex Key (tool to adjust gas screw)
- (1) 9/64" X 6" Hex key (tool to install/remove gas block plug)
- (1) Bushing and insert tool (Just an extra.... we have had some requests. Use at your discretion).
- Installation Instructions & QR Code For Video Tutorial
The distinction between inferior quality and premium AR Gas Piston Kits is undeniable. At MSP, we only offer AR Accessories from the most trusted brands like Superlative ARMS . Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
superlative arms piston kit review
I have used a number of these superlative arms piston kit in pistol builds with carbine-length gas systems. All work flawlessly from the get-go. As mentioned by another reviewer, it's an easy thing to get the other pistons from Superlative to change gas lengths or accommodate the tight supply of kits.
Best price I've found for this anywhere. Install was easy. Dailing in was a bit tedious, but once its setup it works great! Keeps my upper clean!
Clamp on Pistol length
I can't find anything wrong with it. Long term use will tell the whole story. I used the pistol clamp on with a Faxon 7.5" 5.56 barrel and a Strike Industries gen2 mega fins 7" handguard. The upper is a Core, and the bolt is a WMD Nib. It fit perfectly! This clamp-on is small! I was very impressed that it fit under such a small handguard. I also have a BCM alpha KMR and a Fortis rev2 and the clamp on would have worked under all of them.
MY FIRST PISTON GAS SYSTEM
Superlative ARMS .750" Adjustable Piston System Clamp On installed and dialed in for correct bleed off gas system. I did a LOT of research before purchasing if the piston system will fit my hand guard. Currently installed on Samson Evolution 11 with little room to maneuver but no spacing problems. I will switch to Nordic Components 1 hand guard since it has a larger inside diameter. This will allow for the gas to bleed off forward of the gas block freely. I am also waiting for my RECCE 5 suppressor which is the main reason I changed my Odin Works adjustable gas block (DI) to Piston system. I shouldn't have to worry with gas blow back shooting suppressed.