Magpul STR Carbine Stock (Mil-Spec) - AR Stock with Storage
If you are looking for a drop-in replacement buttstock for your AR15/M16 carbine, check out the Magpul STR (Storage/Type Restricted) Carbine Stock. This buttstock works with mil-spec sized receiver extension tubes, and is a storage-capable version of the Magpul CTR. The STR has an improved cheek weld and two water-resistant battery tubes in a compact A-frame design made of reinforced polymer. The storage tubes are capable of storing up to two (2) CR123A or AA batteries, and are accessible from the rear in any stock position.
The Magpul STR features a shielded operation lever and supplemental friction locking system to prevent accidental operation and reduce excessive stock movement, allowing for better enhanced weapon stability and accuracy. A premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and a long service life.
The STR provides two sling loops integrated into the buttstock, including a reversible push-button QD sling mount and rear/bottom 1.25” sling loops. The STR also includes a replaceable 0.30” rubber butt-pad for positive shoulder purchase. This prevents slippage, even when wearing body armor or modular gear.
Features & Benefits of the Magpul STR AR Stock with Storage:
- Mounts on mil-spec sized carbine receiver extension tube (not included) from manufacturers such as Colt, Armalite, S&W, LMT, and others (please see the note below)
- Two water-resistant battery storage tubes located on the left and right sides of the AR stock
- Each tube will store up to two (2) CR123A lithium or AA batteries
- Tubes are accessible from the rear in any stock position via a hand-removable rubber plug
- Supplemental friction lock minimizes accuracy robbing wobble*
- Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life
- Sloping cheek weld provides a wide contact surface for user comfort
- Shielded release latch prevents snagging and accidental operation
- Replaceable 0.30" Rubber Butt-Pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection
- Compatible with Magpul ASAP and other receiver-mount sling attachments
- Sling Mounts
- Rear Reversible QD swivel sling mount fits up to 1.5" push-button swivels (swivel not included)
- Rear/Bottom 1.25" sling loops
- Extended Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.55"
- Enhanced Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.70"
- Dual-side push-button QD Swivel Sling Mount
- STR, Mil-Spec (stock configuration)
- Weight: 0.77 lb.
- Weight, w/ Rec. Extension: 1.02 lb.
- Length, Maximum: 7.30 in.
- Width, Maximum: 2.58 in.
- LOP Adjustment Range: 3.25 in.
- LOP, M4 Collapsed: 11.10 in.
- LOP, M4 Extended: 14.35 in.
- Weight: 0.77 lb.
NOTE: There are two basic sizes of M4 Carbine receiver extensions (buffer tubes): mil-spec and commercial-spec. If you have a commercial-spec extension on your rifle, make sure to order the Commercial-Spec STR. Please see the "Related Info" section above to determine which tube you have.
* Friction lock performance may vary depending on the host receiver extension's dimensional tolerances.
** Specifications based on standard-length (flat-back) M4 Carbine receiver extension and may vary depending on tube manufacturer.
Standard Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.30" weight: 0.08 lb. Optional Extended Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.55" (weight: 0.11 lb.) or Enhanced Butt-Pad, 0.70" (weight: 0.13 lb.) may be used with either Mil-Spec or Commercial-Spec STR stocks.
The distinction between inferior quality and premium AR Stock is undeniable. At MSP, we only offer AR Accessories from the most trusted brands like Magpul. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
Customer Ratings & Reviews