Magpul PRS Gen3 Precision-Adjustable Stock
The PRS GEN3 is a field precision AR 15 stock for AR15/M16 and AR10/SR25 platforms, featuring tool-less length of pull and cheek piece height adjustment. With solid adjustments for length of pull and cheek piece height via aluminum detent knobs, the Magpul PRS GEN3 (Precision Rifle/Sniper) stock provides a stable interface and is intended for semi-automatic sniper or varmint type rifles. Offering a nearly universal fit, it is optimized for rifle-length receiver extensions but will also mount to many mil-spec carbine and A5-length tubes*. Includes a cant/height-adjustable rubber butt-pad and rotation-limiting QD sling swivel cups as well as M-LOK® slots on the bottom for rear monopod mounting.
Features of the Magpul PRS Stock
- Mounts to rifle-length receiver extension tube (Mil-spec, will not work on Commercial tubes) without A2 spacer but will also accommodate mil-spec sized M4 Carbine and many A5-length tubes with standard Castle Nuts and End Plates (not included)*
- Enhanced strength butt-plate withstands severe impact and recoil up to .50 BMG
- Rubber butt-pad provides positive shoulder purchase to prevent slippage and is adjustable for both cant and height
- Machined aluminum LOP and Cheek Piece adjustment knobs with positive locking click detents
- Steel adjustment shafts finished with Melonite® for wear and corrosion resistance
- All aluminum components finished with MIL-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2 hard anodizing
- Bottom M-LOK® slots provide additional sling mounting possibilities or for attaching 1913 Picatinny rails for use with a monopod
- Sling Mounts
- Front/Rear - rotation-limited QD sling swivel mounts (swivels not included)
- Rear - 1.25" aluminum sling loop (left-right reversible)
*NOTE: Due to the wide variety of designs and dimensions of carbine receiver extensions as well as the associated mounting hardware, proper fit cannot be guaranteed. Mounting to a rifle-length receiver extension is recommended to ensure optimal fit and function.
PRS GEN3 Precision-Adjustable Magpul Stock
- Weight: 27.8 oz.
- Weight, w/rifle receiver extension: 31.2 oz.
- Weight, w/carbine receiver extension: 31.7 oz.
- Length, max: 11.5-12.9 in.
- LOP Adjustment Range: 1.4 in.
- LOP, M16 Collapsed: ~14.3 in.
- LOP, M16 Extended: ~15.7 in.
- Cheek Height Adjustment Range: 0.8 in.
- WARNING: Will not work with commercial tubes
* Specifications based on factory configuration
Magpul PRS Gen 3 Installation
The distinction between inferior quality and premium AR Stock is undeniable. At MSP, we only offer AR15 Accessories from the most trusted brands like Magpul Stock. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Best deal on a Magpul PRS stock for sale
I bought this to put on a heavy barreled rifle. It's heavy, but that balances some of the barrel weight. It adjusts very quickly so the length of pull fits a short guy like me. The comb height also easily adjusts to get my eye at the right level for the scope.
Magpul PRS Gen 3 Delivers
This is a sweet stock. Easy to install, adjustments are smooth with positive lands, movable components are rock solid- no rattles, the butt-pad has a nice squish to absorb recoil, and really gives an edge on getting on point fast. It is on the heavier side, but works well with a heavy profile barrel for balance. If not putting this on an AR platform be careful with LOP- it's a big stock, especially if trying to use a cantilevered or existing mount setup.
Magpul prs precision adjustable stock
I bought an AR-308 that came with a regular AR-15 stock. This Magpul stock made shooting that rifle so much better. I was able to set my sight alignment with the scope very easily with the adjustment dial, making for a more enjoyable shooting experience. Easy to install and a quality product.
Magpul PRS gen 3 on carbine buffer tube is Excellent adjustability
I bought this Magpul PRS gen 3 stock to put on a heavy barreled rifle. It's heavy, but that balances some of the barrel weight. It adjusts very easily, so the length of pull fits a short guy like me. The comb height also easily adjusts to get my eye at the right level for the scope.
Magpul precision rifle stock
I Bought the Magpul precision rifle stock to replace the stock on my Ruger Precision Rifle. Easy install, and great results. MSP was top-notch is the processing and delivery(As always)! I look forward to many successful range periods and years of use! Thank you, MSP!
Magpul prs stock gen 3 is dependable
I installed the Magpul prs stock gen 3 on a precision AR10. As expected with any Magpul product, it installed without issue. Adjustability worked great for me. It makes for a rock-solid point of contact (shoulder and cheek). It adjusts quickly and dependably through iron sight and scope ranges. My only "issue" could be price, but you do get what you pay for, so if you're frugal like me, just wait for a sale.
Magpul prs precision adjustable stock
Mounted The Magpul PRS on Ruger Precision Rifle. Fit and functionality were great. I have used many Magpul products over the years and have never had any complaints or problems with this manufacturer.
Magpul PRS gen 3 on carbine buffer tube
This stock went on a custom AR 10 Aero Precision. The adjustable comb and length of pull are excellent. No felt the recoil, and the weight balances the rifle just right.
A well designed AR Stock
The Magpul PRS Gen3 is well worth the price. This AR Stock is well designed and well built. Works with rifle and carbine length tubes by way of the changeable front part of the stock. The additional of the adjustable but plate is a big plus as with the other upgrades over the previous version
After talking to MSP support to determine the fit of the stock on my rifle, I went with the Magpul PRS Gen3 Stock. I Installed it my a Ruger Precision Rifle in about 40 minutes, (that included removing the old stock). The instructions are not specific to the Ruger rifle, but persistence, common sense, and reading the directions made installation easy. A fantastic improvement over the basic stock. Magpul product,i.e., excellent, quality materials and construction, is what you would expect. I had troubles adjusting the original and keeping it adjusted, and those problems are now gone. Great rifle stock. Glad I got it.