Magpul STR Commercial Stock for AR-15
Featuring a compact polymer reinforced A-frame design with improved cheek weld and two water-resistant battery tubes, the Magpul STR Carbine Stock replacement butt-stock for the AR15/M16 has created quite the stir. This is especially true considering the use of commercial-spec sized extension receiver tubes that is part of the overall design.
To prevent operating the weapon by accident, the operating lever is shielded and there is a supplemental friction locking system as well. Plus, the overall design helps to minimize moving the stock around too much which creates greater stability as well as accuracy.
You’ll find a reversible, push button QD sling mount, two integral sling loops and a .3” rubber butt-pad which is replaceable and helps prevent slippage even if you are wearing body armor or other types of gear. Made in the USA, the Magpul STR Carbine AR 15 stock is certainly a well crafted device for your firearm.
Features & Benefits of the Magpul STR Commercial Stock:
- Works with Bushmaster, Olympic, DPMS and other manufacturers of commercial-size carbine receiver extension tubes.
- Sloping cheek weld provides better comfort for user
- .3” Rubber butt-pad has anti-slip surface and better impact protection
- Compatible with many different receiver mount sling attachments
- Release Latch is shielded to prevent accidental operation and snagging on other objects.
- Friction Lock minimizes wobbling to increase accuracy
- Rear reversible QD swivel sling mount. Fits up to 1.5” on push button swivels which are not included. 1.25” rear bottom sling mount.
- Contains to battery storage tubes that are water resistant on either side of the Magpul Stock. Each tube can hold either two AA or CR123A lithium batteries. Plus, the tubes are accessible from the rear of the stock thanks to the hand-removable plug.
- Enhanced Rubber Butt-Pad, .7”
- Extended Rubber Butt-Pad, .55”
- QD Sling Mount on Swivel with Dual side push button
Specs of the Magpul STR Commercial Stock:
- Weight: .77 lbs – w/Rec. Extension: 1.1 lbs
- Width: 2.58”
- Length: 7.3”
- LOP, M4 Collapsed: 11.1” – Extended: 14.35”
- LOP Adjustment Range: 3.25”
Note that there are two basic sizes for the M4 Carbine receiver extensions, the mil and commercial spec. The mil-spec requires the Mil-Spec STR.
There may be some variance on the friction lock issues that will depend on the dimensional tolerance of the host receiver. Plus, specs that are based on the extended length for the commercial spec carbine receiver will vary depending on the manufacturer of the tube itself.
The distinction between inferior quality and premium AR Stock is undeniable. At MSP, we only offer AR Accessories from the most trusted brands like Magpul. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Magpul STR carbine stock is Excellent
The Magpul str Excellent stock. I've tried many different stocks over the years, and this one is definitely at the top of my list. Great features, locks uptight. Not to mention, it's great looking, too.
Magpul STR commercial stock is Great
I bought this Magpul str commercial stock about three months ago to replace CTR stock because I wanted a better cheek weld. It went on fairly easily and sat snug on my commercial buffer tube. The locking mechanism is great and secures the stock to the rifle as if it were a fixed stock. It is the most comfortable stock I have ever put on any of my AR builds! In my opinion, of course. Now one issue people commonly report is there are no springs, so the batteries wiggle around. An EASY solution to that is to put a foam earplug in the battery tube before you insert the batteries. This gives them a secure seat, and they do not wiggle nearly as much anymore. That's a what, $1 investment at most for the earplugs?? Overall great stock, and high quality as you would expect from any Magpul stock.
my favorite Magpul stock
The STR is my favorite of all the Magpul stocks. I Use it on My 300blk that I hunt with. Has excellent cheek weld and locks up solid. No rattle. I really like this AR stock.