The Economical and Long Lasting Magpul MBUS Pro - Magpul Back-Up AR-15 Sight – Rear
Make, material, flexibility, durability and finally the price – the Magpul MBUS PRO Back up AR 15 Sight (Rear) is an excellent choice for these reasons and more. The MBUS PRO offers outstanding stability and hardiness with an exceptional functional base, at a price that is pretty incredible. Its affordability gives it an edge among its various competitors in the market.
The product which is completely manufactured in the Unites States has a number of positive detents that serve to maintain the position of the MBUS PRO Front and Rear at the accepted AR Sight elevation level. When stowed away, it becomes so inconspicuous that you tend to forget its presence till the time you actually need to use it. The Front is of very fine width and works exceptionally well with nearly every IR Aiming Laser and light installation available for professional shooters. The Front can be easily regulated for height and the Rear can be amended for windage, both of which can be done without the support of any tools. These together with the dual aperture match well with all kinds of 1913 Picatinny rail mounting applications as well as rail height gas blocks.
Measurements and Components of MBUS PRO - Back Up AR 15 - Rear
- The MBUS PRO is made entirely of Steel.
- Ferritic Nitrocarburizing method is used to ensure the product is toughened and reinforced. This increases its capacity to withstand intense levels of wear & tear and corrosion.
- The MBUS PRO is constructed to mount on every MIL STD 1913 Picatinny or STANAG 4694 rail.
- It is equipped with a discreet and understated knob that enables easy windage regulation with no help from outside tools.
- Positive detents are present in both up and down positions and serve to preserve the arrangement at the requisite level.
- It has been built to acquire the standard AR Sight elevation on deployment.
- The entire hardware weighs about 1.80 oz
- The Height above rail, stowed is approximately 0.37".
- The Length, stowed comes to about 2.1"
- The overall aperture height over the rail is 1.41”
- The diameter of the smaller aperture is about 0.07” and that of the larger aperture is about 0.19”.
- MBUS Pro – Rear
- Weight, w/ hardware: 1.80 oz.
- Height above rail, stowed, at mid-point: ~0.37"
- Length, stowed: 2.1"
- Aperture height over rail: 1.41"
- Small aperture dia.: 0.07"
- Large aperture dia.: 0.19"
- Weight, w/ hardware: 1.80 oz.
The distinction between inferior quality and premium AR Sights is undeniable. At MSP, we only offer AR Accessories from the most trusted brands like Magpul MBUS. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
good back up sight
This is a very sturdy well built flip-up AR-15 sight! Used it on my 556/9mm sbr with no problems! The Magpul Pro rear sight has no lock on it like troy sights! But won't come down easy unless pushed down! But if snagged on something hard there's a possibility! Overall good rear sight! Well finished! All steel!
My S&W M&P10 application suffered from inadequate detent s with (so-far) commercial ammo shake-down. I have as-yet to test the Magpul pro rear sight after (VERY carefully) dismantled & stretched the main folder detent spring. I'm afraid to take apart the aperture pivot to try the same on that aspect of the rear sight. Otherwise, I am ecstatic with the fit & finish!
Magpul mag276 Solid Rear Sight
Sold AR sight. Lays super flat! The build is very solid. No jiggling. Adjustable window for near and far shots.
Magpul Pro is a Very nice rear AR sight
I got this to put on my Dad's BRN-180 because we both wanted a slightly less bulky iron sight than the standard Magpul MBUS. This does everything that it does but is noticeably lower-profile when folded for storage. The flipside of that is that if you don't need or want a smaller folded profile, the standard polymer MBUS does everything this does for less money. It's up to you to decide what is more important for your needs.
Magpul pro rear sight
I put a front and rear Magpul pro sight on a custom build I was doing, and they are great. Best AR Sights out there for my money. They have been perfect for back up on two of my builds now. Very satisfied.
Great Magpul MBUS pro rear sight
The Magpul mbus pro rear sight is of great quality. Both front and rear sights are very compact and slim. The big complaint I see people will probably say is the fact that there is not a locking button for the open position. These are Back up sights, not designed to be permanently-up position sights. If you can't understand that concept, buy something else. I have these on my SIG 716, with the front sight on the gas block. I do not think I will ever run enough rounds through my piston AR fast enough to worry about moe sights melting. But, I like the fact that the MBUS-PRO's are all metal. If the small aperture lay a little flatter when down, I would have given this five stars. Definitely not a deal killer, though.