The Trijicon ACOG: A Look Back at its History
Trijicon, a company known for its innovative and high-quality optics, has a rich history dating back to 1981. From its humble beginnings in a one-car garage, Trijicon has grown into a global leader in the firearms industry, providing advanced sighting systems for military, law enforcement, and civilian customers.
One of Trijicon's most iconic products is the Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight, better known as the Trijicon ACOG. This versatile sight was developed for the U.S. military and was first used in combat during Operation Desert Storm in 1991. The ACOG quickly became popular among military personnel, who appreciated its rugged construction, clear optics, and ease of use in low-light conditions.
Over the years, Trijicon has continually improved the ACOG, incorporating new technologies and innovations to meet the changing needs of its customers. Today, the ACOG is used by military and law enforcement organizations all over the world, and is widely regarded as one of the best combat sights on the market.
In addition to its military and law enforcement applications, the Trijicon ACOG has become a popular choice for civilian shooters, who appreciate its reliability and performance in a wide range of shooting scenarios. Whether for hunting, competition shooting, or personal defense, the ACOG has proven itself to be a versatile and dependable sight for shooters of all skill levels.
As Trijicon continues to grow and evolve, the ACOG remains a cornerstone of the company's product line. Its legacy is a testament to Trijicon's commitment to providing the highest-quality optics to its customers, and to its unwavering dedication to excellence in all that it does.
Popular Trijicon ACOG Scopes
- Trijicon Acog 4x32 - The concept was simple; a durable scope with a reticle that illuminates in low-light and no-light situations—without requiring the use of batteries.
- ACOG TA31f - The chevron reticle is designed to be zeroed using the tip at 100 meters.
- ACOG TA01- 4x32 Scope with Full Line Red Illumination features black crosshairs during daytime and tritium illuminates reticle at night. The reticle ranges out to 800 meters for 5.56 (. 223 cal).
- ACOG TA01b - A durable scope with a reticle that illuminates in low light situations.
- TA31RCO-M4CP- Designed for the M4 and M4A1 weapon system (14.5" barrel). It incorporates dual illumination technology using a combination of fiber optics and self-luminous tritium.
- ACOG TA02 - Original Trijicon ACOG® delivers unprecedented performance and durability with total user illumination control.
- Trijicon ACOG TA31RCO - An Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight (ACOG) designed for the M4 and M4A1 weapon system (14.5" barrel).
- ACOG TA11H-G- with Green Horseshoe BAC Reticle and Target Reference System—the ranging reticle is calibrated for 5.56 (.223 cal) flat-top rifles to 1000 meters.