Magpul Zhukov-U Handguard - AK47/AK74
The Zhukov-U Handguard shaves off 1.5” from the original Zhukov AK Handguard to accommodate shorter barreled rifles and pistols, and keeps the front end of full length rifles a little more lively. The shorter version also allows us to accommodate the military issue cleaning rods, so you don’t have to give that up to get the benefits of the Zhukov anymore! The Zhukov-U shares the same type of sturdy aluminum chassis as the longer standard Zhukov for strength and heat mitigation sheathed in a comfortable, injection molded exterior for superior ergonomics. The Zhukov-U includes M-LOK® slots for accessory attachment, and is fully compatible with the UltiMAK gas tube rail. Installation requires removing handguard retainer.
Made in U.S.A. Handguard counts as one US compliance part for 922(r).
- 1.5" shorter than standard Zhukov Handguard
- Fits stamped and milled AK-47/AK-74 rifles with standard-length gas systems*
- Optimized for short barrel rifles such as AK-102, AK-104, & AK-105
- Full-length aluminum chassis for strength and rigidity
- Heat shield relieved to accept standard AK cleaning rod
- Durable polymer outer Handguard
- M-LOK® slots for accessory attachment
- Extended length for modern shooting techniques
- Vented gas tube cover
- UltiMAK compatible
*NOTE: The Zhukov-U Handguard requires the permanent removal of the factory Handguard retaining cap and forward sling mount if so equipped. Please ensure your barrel diameter under the Handguard falls between 16.75-18.25 millimeters before cutting your retaining cap! Due to the wide range of tolerances of your typical AK, minor additional fitting may be required. Not compatible with Yugo pattern rifles or RPK style receivers.
WARNING: Due to extended Handguard length, barrels less than 11.5” long are not recommended.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!Write Review