Magpul MOE Stocks
Magpul MOE AR15 Stock Overview
The Magpul Original Equipment or MOE is basically a line of accessories for firearms. They are designed from high quality materials, offer excellent performance and are considered by many to be one of the best economical alternatives to weapon parts that are often priced much higher than the Magpul MOE. This particular line has been noted for being a stripped-down, basic approach in terms of what it does, but it is built around excellent materials and has the famous Magpul engineering that makes it desirable by so many shooters.
What is the MOE Stock?
The overall design of the Magpul MOE stock is one that is tough, but very light so that the action is fast which fits the streamlined A-frame profile so you can go through rough terrain without worrying about snagging a corner on some brush. In addition, the release latch is shielded so that it is not accidentally activated.
In addition, there is an extra power lock mechanism as well. It uses a chrome-silicon spring in order to prevent collapsing of the stock from occurring. In addition, the spring maintains its strength thanks to the materials it is made from and by not relaxing inside the stock. This particular model also includes a .55” rubber buttpad that provides comfort and a positive shoulder purchase. It also will accommodate the slanted-back common to most types of commercial spec tubes. This product is also Made in the USA.
There are a number of features on the MOE that are very attractive to many shooters who are looking to upgrade their stock while saving money at the same time.
- Premium chrome silicon lock: Provides a positive lock and durability
- Mounts on commercial spec carbine receiver extension tube: Fits on Bushmaster, RRA, DPMS, Olympic and more
- Side Mounting Slots: These accept the Non-AR15/M16 cheek riser applications
- Shielded Release Latch: Prevents accidental activation and snagging
- Sloping Cheek Weld: A slim profile and comfortable for the user
- Compatible with Magpul ASAP: Also compatible with other sling attachments
- Sling Mounts: Rear – 1.25” Slope or Toe – Lanyard hole for para-cord rigs
Mil spec and Commercial spec are the two basic sizes of M4 Carbine receiver extensions or buffer tubes. For those who have a mil spec extension, you will need to order the mil spec MOE. Not all M4 Carbine receiver extensions are the same in terms of length or size as they depend on the tube manufacturer.