Magpul CTR Carbine Stock (Mil-Spec)
The buttstock of a rifle or carbine is an incredibly important part of the weapon. It is made to boost accuracy by aiding the operator in having a firmer grip on the tool. The AR 15 stock (buttstock) is the component that is protected by the driver's shoulder, moving any tool recoil onto the customer's body. It is evident by its usage that the significance of a great stock is critical to any tool driver's safety as well as efficiency.
Magpul supplies a very strong and stable buttstock to be utilized on AR15/M16 carbines. This specific Magpul Stock has been designed with armed forces spec. It effortlessly changes the former stock, as well as enhances tool accept, is the slick and light layout. The A-frame shape of the stock assists prevents unexpected activation of the release lock, aiding in the driver's security. The standard 0.30-inch rubber butt-pad helps prevent the tool from slipping off any smooth surface area, like a shield. To enhance stability also further, the Magpul CTR stock has a rubbing lock system, to prevent too much activity from recoil. There is also a QD sling mount, which is created to be ambidextrous, where you can include any push-button swivel of your choosing.
Features and Benefits of the Magpul CTR:
- You require a military specification extension tube to fit this stock onto your tool. This is not included in this book as well as needs to be purchased independently.
- The cheek weld is sloped to enable comfortable usage while also having a slim appearance.
- The chrome-silicon lock springtime is exceptionally long lasting, helping you positively lock the bolt for several years to come.
- The product consists of a removable 0.30-inch rubber butt pad, makings the back surface less unsafe and also helps with tool security.
- There is a port on the sides that could accept cheek risers for more comfort.
- There are two sling places: The back one approves a button pivot (ambidextrous), and also the rear-bottom one can receive a 1.25-inch sling loop. There is likewise a toe-panyard hole to readjust custom-made para-cord gears into.]
- It works with lots of Magpul receiver-mount sling attachments, including the Magpul ASAP.
- The launch latch is secured, providing operating security. No getting or accidental release.
- The rubbing lock reduces wobble because of recoil, boosting stability.
- It is essential to know that the top quality of the receiver you will buy will also affect the top quality of the buttstock. Get a top quality receiver to obtain the most from your Magpul CTR military specification buttstock. Accuracy implies security, security brings success, and your success in the field is Magpul's primary concern.
- Extended Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.55"
- Enhanced Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.70"
- Cheek Risers (0.25", 0.50", 0.75" for NON-AR15/M16 applications)
- CTR, Mil-Spec (stock configuration)
- Magpul CTR Weight: 0.55 lb.
- Weight, w/ Rec. Extension: 0.80 lb.
- Length, Maximum: 6.90 in.
- LOP Adjustment Range: 3.25 in.
- LOP, M4 Collapsed: 10.70 in.
- LOP, M4 Extended: 13.95 in.
- Magpul CTR Weight: 0.55 lb.
KEEP IN MIND: There are two fundamental sizes of M4 Carbine receiver expansions (barrier tubes): mil-spec as well as commercial-spec. If you have a commercial-spec extension on your rifle, ensure to buy the Commercial-Spec Magpul CTR. Please see the "Associated Info" area above to establish which tube you have.
If you happen to have one of the uncommon military tubes with a prolonged slant-back, together with the Mil-Spec Magpul CTR you will likewise need to order the Extended Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.55" (marketed independently).
* Friction lock efficiency might vary depending upon the host receiver expansion's dimensional endurances.
** Specs-based upon standard-length (flat-back) M4 Carbine receiver expansion and may vary relying on tube maker.
Requirement Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.30" weight: 0.08 lb. Optional Extended Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.55" weight: 0.11 pound. Optional Enhanced Rubber Butt-Pad weight: 0.13 lb.
- Magpul CTR Gray
- Magpul CTR OD Green
- Magpul CTR FDE
- Magpul CTR milspec
- Magpul CTR mil spec stock
Magpul Stocks Quick links:
- Magpul AR15 stock
- Magpul MOE rifle stock
- Magpul SL stock
- Magpul PRS stock
- Magpul AK47 stock
- Magpul Shotgun stock
The distinction between inferior quality and premium AR Stock is undeniable. At MSP, we only offer AR Accessories from the most trusted brands like Magpul Stock. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Best AR-15 Stock period
Best AR-15 Stock period. When you clamp the Magpul CTR up, it doesn't wiggle, wobble, shake, make noise, etc... It fit my DPMS extension like a glove. The buttpad is removable, but if you do, when you collapse it all the way, the slant of the extension sticks out a little. This doesn't concern me, though, because you can't shoot it with the stock all the way in very comfortably. The clamp is disengaged when you pull on the adjustment lock, and you can use it without the clamp engaged. Only detractors are maybe a little pricy, and you cannot export the stock, but in what other countries are they going to let you in with your "assault rifle"? Very well made as usual from MagPul.
A Quality AR stock
This is the Mil-spec version. The only difference between commercial and mil-spec Magpul ctr stock is what tube it can be used on. I am using a mesa tactical engine shock tube that reduces recoil by 70%. This is the quality that you will love. Also, it accepts the reduced recoil, but a pad and Magpul's cheek raise! Some other Magpul stocks don't. Only wish the battle spike could be mounted like UBR. BUY THIS!
The best solution is the Magpul CTR Stock
The best solution I have seen so far for a rock-solid fitment. Can't stand a stock that has any wobble in it, and this one doesn't. Achieved simply with a double-locking system that is by necessity very simple to use. Also lightweight, good cheek weld, and has the slots I need for the sling of choice. Can't beat it.
Magpul CTR Mil Spec is worth every penny
Everything I have bought from Magpul is excellent; this is no different. When the Magpul CTR is locked down, there is no rattle, no play at all. The slight cheek rest is just that little extra I needed — great buy, worth every penny.
LOVE my Magpul CTR
I have the Magpul MOE stock, and it good for a basic AR stock, but LOVE my new CTR. The secondary friction lock is a simple lever that secures the Magpul stock really well. I am shocked by how stable it feels. Installing was easy, and the included instructions are very clear.
The best AR stock for me
I have worked through several different types of AR stocks, but the Magpul CTR appears to be the best fit for me. Lightweight, comfortable, and looks attractive as well. The extra lock up works exceptionally; there is no wiggling when employed.
I recently received my Magpul CTR Rifle Stock from MSP. I have ordered many AR-15 accessories from them and have been very satisfied. I placed CTR stock on my Bushmaster AR-15, replacing the basic buttstock that came with my AR, and it works very as advertised. My original buttstock used to have a lot of rattling and was not sturdy. The Magpul buttstock is very sturdy and easy to adjust. I am thrilled with my purchase and would suggest it to anybody looking the replace their standard Mil-spec buttstock. Thank You!
Magpul CTR Carbine Stock
Tight and sturdy, and the color matched my foregrip perfectly
Magpul CTR stock
Great stock for the money