Precision Armament Hypertap Muzzle Brake .223/5.56mm
Developed from the ground up and backed by knowledge gained from years of pushing the edge of muzzle device performance, the Precision Armament Hypertap muzzle brake delivers more than we’ve ever offered before. Our proprietary Hybrid Baffle Design combined with advanced Convergent-Divergent port geometry yields an unprecedented recoil reduction of over 84%*, nearly 10% higher than our M4-72 while maintaining modest 35-degree baffle angles and generous bore clearance. This results in exceptional safety, less gas blowback, better accuracy, and higher overall shooter comfort than any other device in its class. Fully tunable gas biasing allows the shooter to reduce further, or even eliminate, sight picture movement while firing. An integral universal timing nut eliminates the need for shims and allows quick field installation & removal using an adjustable wrench or the lightweight spanner tools (included). Additional features include zero flash increase, compact, lightweight design, a rugged skeletonized crown, cleaning friendly design, heat-treated stainless steel construction, a tough Ionbond® CrCN finish for superior durability and, as always, 100% Made in the USA.
Minimum recommended barrel length 14.5”
Key Design Features of the Precision Armament Hypertap Muzzle Brake
- 84% Recoil Reduction:
Advanced Convergent-Divergent (CD) port geometry yields maximum gas dynamic efficiency allowing unprecedented recoil reduction while maintaining safe baffle angles and bore clearance.
- Safe Baffle Angles:
Safe 35-degree impingement angles prevent dangerous blowback from reaching the shooter in the event of a baffle strike.
- Generous Bore Clearance: The largest bore clearance in the industry improves forgiveness against misalignments providing maximum safety and accuracy.
- Low Gas Blowback: Advanced CD port geometry produces a narrow exhaust plume precisely vectored to keep gases away from the shooter.
- Zero Flash Increase: Will not increase or generate secondary flash, minimizing flash related blast effects common to other devices.
- Fully User Tunable: Piloted drill-out ports allow customized multi-directional gas biasing to maintain a rock solid sight picture that does not move when firing
- Integrated Universal Timing Nut: The brake can be quickly installed or removed using a standard adjustable wrench, or the included lightweight spanner tools, which can be conveniently carried in the field for quick suppressor changeover.
- Lightweight & Compact: FEA optimized to provide a legal competition package that is lighter, smaller, and shorter than any other device in its class.
- 100% American Made: Machined from heat-treated stainless steel billet and coated with Ionbond® PVD coating for superior durability.
Precision Armament Hypertap Install
- precision armament hypertap
- hypertap muzzle brake
- precision armament hypertap muzzle brake
- hypertap® muzzle brake
- ar 15 muzzle brake for sale
AR 15 muzzle brake quick links:
- AR 15 muzzle brake
- Best ar 15 muzzle brake
- Best 5.56 muzzle brake
- AR15 muzzle brake
- Best ar muzzle brake
- Best muzzle brake
- 223 muzzle brake
- 556 Muzzle Brake
- AR 15 compensator
- Best muzzle brake for ar-15
- Best ar 15 muzzle device
- AR muzzle brake
Precision Armament Quick Links:
- Precision Armament m4-72
- Precision Armament
- Precision Armament hypertap
- Precision Armament hypertap muzzle brake
- Precision Armament m11
- Precision Armament m4-72 severe duty
- Precision Armament m4-72 severe-duty compensator
- Precision Armament efab
- Precision Armament m4 72
- Precision Armament m4-72 severe-duty® compensator
- Precision Armament m472
- Precision Armament m11 severe duty muzzle brake
- Precision Armament accu-washer
- Precision Armament muzzle brake
- Precision Armament m11 muzzle brake
The distinction between inferior quality and premium AR 15 muzzle brake is undeniable. At MSP, we only offer the best ar 15 muzzle brakesfrom the most trusted brands like Precision Armament. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
- Material: 400 Series & 17-4 Stainless Steel Bar
- Finish: Matte Black PVD or Matte Stainless
- Caliber: .223/5.56mm
- Bore Clearance: 0.060″
- Max Baffle Angle: 35 Degrees
- Thread Size: 1/2-28 RH
- Length w/ Nut: 2.54″
- Diameter: 0.900″
- Weight: 3.0oz
- Included: Two Stainless Spanner Wrenches
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Precision Armament Hypertap muzzle brake is fantastic!!!
The Quality of the machining on the Precision Armament Hypertap muzzle brake is fantastic. There are no milling marks, no bit chatter spots, no unevenness in the finish. This is a marvelous piece of American engineering performed accurately by those who are enthusiastic about their trade. The muzzle brake even includes the installation tool with it, as many others would have left you to have to buy one separately. I was hesitant ar first to get this due to the price, But this is much more difficult to make this than a typical A2 birdcage. Once I had it in hand and tried it, I knew it was worth much more than what it sells for.
Precision Armament Hypertap is phenomenally!!!
I bought the .223 hyper tap around Christmas of 2018, and it has been operating phenomenally since. This muzzle brake is one of the finest engineered muzzle devices on the market. The pilot holes worked great with a cordless drill and were super easy to drill through, I drilled out the four end holes to 1/8,” and the difference is very noticeable. I would recommend in any caliber to a friend.