Vortex Diamondback HD 12x50 Binocular
The Vortex Diamondback HD smashes the scale of price vs performance, delivering a rock-solid optic that optically punches high above its class. The included GlassPakTM binocular harness keeps your glass close at hand, ready to deploy at a moment's notice, all while providing protection and significantly more comfort than traditional neck straps.
- HD Optical System : Optimized with select glass elements to deliver exceptional resolution, cut chromatic aberration and provide outstanding color fidelity, edge-to-edge sharpness and light transmission.
- Fully Multi-Coated : Increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
- Dielectric Coating: Multi-layer prism coatings provide bright, clear, color-accurate images. ArmorTek ® Ultra-hard, scratch-resistant coating protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil and dirt.
- Rubber Armor: Provides a secure, non-slip grip, and durable external protection.
- Waterproof : O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating the binocular for reliable performance in all environments.
- Shockproof : Rugged construction withstands recoil and impact.
- Fogproof: Argon gas purging prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures.
- Roof Prism: Valued for greater durability and a more compact size.
- Adjustable Eyecups: Twist up and down for comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses.
- Center Focus Wheel: Adjusts the focus of both binocular barrels at the same time.
- Diopter: Adjusts for differences in a user's eyes. Located on right eyepiece.
- Tripod Adaptable: Compatible with a tripod adapter, allowing use on a tripod or car window mount.
The distinction between inferior quality and premium binoculars< is undeniable. At MSP, we only offer Optics from the most trusted brands like Vortex Optics. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
|Objective Lens Diameter||50 mm|
|Eye Relief||14 mm|
|Exit Pupil||4.2 mm|
|Linear Field of View||271 feet/1000 yards|
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Great value for the money, and as far as the glass goes, they are very clear with no color fringing. Vortex quality, they look great and easy to focus along with the included glass pack its a hard deal to beat. I would buy again and again! This review is for the 12x50 HD Diamondback.
I would recommend these.
We used these Vortex compacts on a recent cruise. Nothing compact about the quality. Perfect glass, light comfortable. No whales or dolphins, but great for looking at far distant boats just out of the horizon.
Yes I would buy this again
I have the 12x50 model. I use them for hunting mainly and occasionally for whatever. They are on the big size but that is relative. For example I would not use these in the summer. They are big and heavy, but for hunting whitetail in upstate NY and glassing out west with gloves on, they are awesome. I bought the 12x because I'm getting older, and they do the job well, so you must slow for a bigger binocular. If smaller is better try10x42 the model. Quality is excellent, and they are sharp and very clear even when light is limited. No problems in the cold hunted 0 degrees f with no fogging. You can pay more, but you won't get much more than you can with this line of binoculars. I have Swarovski 10x42 from the early 2000's they are not superior, just more money😁
Great binoculars at this price
These binoculars were purchased in advance of a hunting trip that would require quite a bit of time glassing. They are incredibly comfortable on the eyes, have excellent clarity, and let in a lot of light. I used them for long periods without fatigue. The vortex chest carrier harness and straps are all adjustable and very useful for keeping the binocs secure and safe, and being able to drop them to raise the rifle in a moment and know they will be safe are nice. At this price point, I think they are a great value, and I was delighted with the purchase and their performance.
I've had the 12x50 and the 10x42 now for two months and used them both glassing long a lot of different terrain and conditions night today. First, they are both built in China like most in this class. However, they feel solid in the hand but not too heavy and the rubber armor coating is well done. The eyecups twist about a quarter turn to extend and feel firm but not tight. The focus wheel is quite smooth and easy to turn with no slop or dead spots throughout (personally, I would like a little more resistance with the focus wheel as it is quite easily taken out of focus if you brush them with your arm). Optics- the 10x42 are very sharp for this class. I do have a slight issue with getting the diopter adjusted sharply with my 12x50 pair (I think it's just this pair as the 10x42. There are no issues at all with the diopter). Color is good with both in all conditions, and they both handle glare well for this tier of binocs. The Eyecup cover is one piece and attaches to the neck strap. The objective covers are per lens- you will need to stagger the retaining rings or remove the objective covers all together to get the 50mm objective lenses close enough to align the ocular lenses properly to your eyes unless you have a wide face. Low light- decent brightness glassing into tree lines and shadows at dusk/dawn, and the color is very good at low light as well. Overall, both are a good buy at this price for those wanting to get into a good entry-level binoc or not break the bank to have a decent pair of binocs. Add to that they come with Vortex's VIP warranty "...Unconditional promise to you to repair or replace the product. free." you can't beat that!