SureFire has recently released their brand new rechargeable headlamp, which is better known as the SureFire Maximus. It’s most certainly a monster of a headlamp and features a 500 lumen, fully adjustable output which is capable of producing a very bright and broad beam of light.
SureFire Maximus Specifications:
- Designed and assembled entirely in the USA.
- Weighs 5.1 ounces including the battery.
- Waterproof design up to 1 meter for approximately 30 minutes.
- Lightweight but robust magnesium housing.
- Head rotates both down and up 90 degrees to direct the light output accurately.
- Comes with a unique SOS feature.
- Features a fuel gauge on the headlamp that provides battery charge status.
- Runs from 1 to 70 hours depending on the overall brightness level that is selected.
- Powered via a high energy lithium-ion battery (rechargeable).
- Large knurled dial used to adjust brightness which can be operated easily even with gloves.
- High-quality LED capable of producing a smooth wide beam pattern.
- Fully adjustable brightness from 1 up to 500 lumens.
Overall, the SureFire Maximus headlamp is incredibly well built and the adjustable brightness works exceptionally well. SureFire offer one of the smoothest adjustable brightnesses on the market and when compared to the likes of the Minimus headlamps, the dial on the Maximus is far easier to turn. The rechargeable lithium-ion battery is covered by a 2 years warranty and the headlamp itself is covered by SureFire’s limited lifetime warranty.