Samson SXS Lightweight 762 Series - M-LOK .308/AR10 Handguard
Samons Manufactruing top of the line SXS Lightweight handguard now for .308s. The striking design of the Samson SXS Lightweight handguard combines form, fit, and function to create an unrivaled performance. We took our solid-mounting SXS rail system and skeletonized it down to an astonishing 12 ounces (including the barrel nut). It is light enough for competition, yet rigid enough for professional use. The CNC machined fourth axis cut vent holes aid in barrel cooling, and the ergonomic shape encourages rapid follow up shots. An interrupted 12 o'clock M1913 Picatinny rail includes M-LOK® attachment points as do the 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions.
- SXS-LW-762L: LR308 pattern receiver with DPMS thread pattern barrel nut (1 7/16" - 16). Fits LR308 pattern height receivers.
- SXS-LW-762H: Armalite AR10 and DPMS "High" receivers with DPMS thread pattern barrel nut (1 7/16" - 16). Fits AR-10 height receivers.
Includes Handguard, barrel nut, a hex wrench, and barrel nut wrench.
Features of the Samson SXS Lightweight AR-10 Handguard:
- Numerous weight reduction cuts
- Easy to install Vertical Bias Mount (VBM) captured clamping system
- Free float
- Interrupted M1913 Picatinny rail on the 12 o'clock position for front BUIS and bridging optics with the receiver
- Ergonomic design
- M-LOK attachment points at the 3, 6 and 9 o'clock positions
- Patent Pending
- Made in New Hampshire USA
- Material: 6061-T6 aluminum
- Finish: MIL-A-8625 type III class 2 anodizing
How do I know what SXS-762 Profile (height) to choose?
There are two standard heights of .308 AR receivers on the market, Armalite/DPMS High, and DPMS low. The DPMS Low is not the same as the DPMS GII. To be sure you are choosing the correct Samson handguard for your AR10 style rifle, you can call the manufacturer of the receiver or measure from the center of the bore to the top of the receiver.
If it is approximately 1.32”, this is Armalite/DPMS high and you will need the H series. If it is roughly 1.25” it is DPMS low and you will need the L series.
Measuring the height from the center of the bore to the top of the receiver: To Measure the distance from the center of the bore to the top of the receiver you will need a set of calipers. Measure the diameter of the threads and divide that number by 2. Then measure from the bottom of the threads to the top of the rail on the receiver. Use that result and subtract the divided number; which is the height from the center of the bore to the top of the receiver.
The distinction between inferior quality and premium AR-10 Handguard is undeniable. At MSP, we only offer AR-10 accessories from the most trusted brands like Samson Manufacturing. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!Write Review