IWC Thorntail Scout Light Offset Mount
Impact Weapons Components THORNTAIL Offset Adaptive Light Mount is designed specifically to extend the SureFire M300 or M600 weapon light a couple of inches beyond the end of the forend or railroad system, permitting the support hand to be placed further forward on the weapons, accentuating shooter control, speed, and accuracy, while increasing usable space for attaching IR devices, lasers, grips, along with other accessories. This distinctive, cantilevered design places a frame of the SureFire M300 or M600 weapons lighting over the barrel and beyond the front sight base, eliminating shadows in no or low light situations while maintaining a low profile construction.
Features and Benefits of the IWC Thorntail Surefire Scout Light Offset Mount:
- THORNTAIL attaches to any 1913 Picatinny rail, is fully ambidextrous, providing 8 different mounting solutions on a single rail system.
- THORNTAIL’s cantilevered mounting design places the bezel of the SUREFIRE M300 or M600 weapon light above the barrel and in front of the front sight base, eliminating shadows in critical low or no light shoot or no shoot situations.
- Ultra-lightweight THORNTAIL Adaptive Light Mounts are CNC machined from BILLET 6061-T6, Black Anodize TYPE III to MIL-A-8625F and 100% Berry Amendment Compliant.
- Each THORNTAIL comes complete with the necessary instructions, tools and hardware required to attach your light to your weapon. No Gunsmithing required.
- 100% LIFETIME WARRANTY. PERIOD. Return for full refund.
- Designed with Haley Strategic Partners and MADE BY AMERICANS at Impact Weapons Components.
- Designed and fabricated from Colorado, USA!
US PATENT: D724,687 & ADDITIONAL PATENTS PENDING
THORNTAIL Adaptive Light Mount - Light Scout Mount was designed to accept Surefire M300/M600 Scout, Streamlight Rail Mount 1/2 & HL-X Weaponlights and Backbone Replacement M300/M600 Scout Bodies along with other Replacement M300/M600 Scout Bodies. Specially designed to extend the weapon light a few inches beyond the end of the forend or railroad system allowing the shooter to place the support hand further forward on the weapon, accentuating the shooter's control, speed, and accuracy while increasing useable space for attaching IR devices, lasers, grips, etc. THORNTAIL attaches to any 1913 Picatinny rail, is ambidextrous, providing eight different solutions on one rail system.
THORNTAIL's cantilevered design places the bezel of the SUREFIRE M300 or M600 weapon lighting over the barrel and at the front of the front sight base, eliminating shadows in low or no light shoot or no fire situations. Ultra light-weight THORNTAIL adaptive light mounts are machined from BILLET 606T6, black anodized TYPE III into MIL-A-8625 F and 100 percent Berry Amendment Compliant. Every THORNTAIL comes complete with the necessary instructions, tools, and hardware necessary to attach your lighting to your weapon. No Gunsmithing required. 100 percent LIFETIME WARRANTY. PERIOD. Return for full refund. Designed with Haley Strategic Partners and MADE BY AMERICANS in Impact Weapons Components. US PATENT: D724, 687 & ADDITIONAL PATENTS PENDING.
The distinction between inferior quality and premium Surefire Scout Mount is undeniable. At MSP, we only offer AR-15 light mount from the most trusted brands like Impact Weapons Components light mounts. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
It does what it should do. Great quality!!!
IWC Thorntail scout light mount
Best Scout light mount. Will fit the Streamlight Protac rail light flawless!!!!! Great combo for your weapon-mounted system. Very high quality and easy to connect.
Bought this for my Surefire mini scout light to mount on my Picatinny rail. The mount is super reliable and gets the light forward and totally out of the way for weapons manipulation. The mount itself is an excellent and exceptionally well-machined piece of aluminum. With many ways to mount it in so many various positions, it's hard to find any other mount that will do what this mount does. I would highly suggest this to anyone looking to free up some real estate on their handguard. I'm going to order the dropping next for my Troy TRX extreme.