ABR Adjustable Bag Rider - PRS3 Stocks
Important: For use with .338 and smaller calibers, do not use with .33XC and larger
The Patent Pending - Magpul PRS Gen 3 ABR has been designed to mount directly to the stock with supplied bracket and bolts. Two lower riders are available and are designed to provide optimal performance when used with a rear bag with ears. It provides the same functionality as the other ABRs. Made in the USA from American 6061 Alum and finished with Class II Anodizing they are less than 16oz. The ‘Bag Selection’ page goes over the lower rider differences. There is a “Link” below that fully explains the installation process and maintenance.
To begin installation…
****Make sure the rifle is unloaded and the safety ON.****
- Lay the rifle on the side. With the ejection port down.
- With the ABR open as in the picture above. DO NOT TAKE APART THE ABR TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE BOLTS. Using the supplied 5/32” allen wrench bit (1” long) - unscrew the three bolts from the clamp - leaving the bolts in the ABR top.
- Remove the lower section of the stock after removing the front locking bolt (See Pic A)
- Slide the lower section towards the grip and remove. (see Pic B)
- Install the supplied 3 hole bracket in the forward section in the stock. (See Pic C). Slide the lower section back in over the bracket. Re-install Front locking bolt.
- Use the supplied 5/32” bit to start all three bolts. (See Pic D)
- After they are all started continue til they all lightly clamp the ABR. Snug the center bolt - then align the ABR to be straight with the rifle and tighten all with a standard 5/32” allen key. Do not over tighten as the fine threaded bolts provide additional clamping force to the plastic mounting area on the stock.
- If you wish to add blue loctite remove one bolt at a time to maintain ABR alignment.
Place the rifle on the side. Apply 2 or 3 drops of Wilson Combat Grease to the threads on one small section and adjust thumb wheel to go over the grease.
- .338 and smaller calibers will use the standard dowels
- Do not use with .33XC and larger
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!Write Review