SureFire EP3 Sonic Defenders
Filtered Flanged Earplugs
EP3 Sonic Defenders shield your hearing without interfering with your capacity to hear natural sounds or conversations. Their double-flanged-stem design matches many people and supplies a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 24dB. Sounds, at stable levels, are allowed to pass through into the ear canal, although possibly harmful noises (above 85dB) are reduced via a proprietary design which incorporates a unique noise-reducing filter. EP3s contain mounted filter caps, which may be inserted for additional protection and blocking out lower-level noise, such as that heard on a plane, where hearing neighboring sounds or conversations is not crucial. Right/left color-coded Sonic Defenders are made from a soft but durable, hypoallergenic polymer that offers all-day comfort and an elongated product life (up to 6months, based on usage and care). Their patented EarLock® retention rings lock the earplugs in place, while gentle, adjustable double-flanged stalks supply secure seals from the ear canals. A low-profile design means EP3s may be worn while wearing a helmet or mask, or while utilizing a phone or headset. Available in black, clear, or orange.
Comfortable EP3 Sonic Defenders also serve as earpieces for SureFire™ Hearing Protection along with other compatible radio communication systems* by simply eliminating the noise-reducing filter and then attaching the earpiece to the system. NOTE: EP3 earpiece won't offer hearing protection in the event the noise-reducing filter has been removed.
EP3s can be located in small (S), medium (M), and large (L). Proper size is based on the dimensions of your ear concha bowl. Size"medium" matches many people; nonetheless, to ensure the best possible match, click the Sizing Chart thumbnail picture above or download detailed specifications here also to view the sizing chart on page 4. For those with larger (in diameter) ear canals, the three-flange stem of our EP4 Sonic Defenders may offer a better match than the EP3's two-flange stem.
EP3 Sonic Defenders are sold as one left/right set or inside a box containing 25 sets. Each pair is packaged in a convenient carry case and includes a polymer lanyard.
* RADIO COMM SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY:
Thales: Covert Security Harness; Harris: Security Force Communication Set;
Motorola: Surveillance Kits; Tactical Command Industries: Tactical Earpiece Products; Peltor: Adaptive Systems-Hearplug;
Silynx: C4Ops Headset
- 24dB Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) with filter caps added.
- Lowers potentially dangerous noise levels above 85dB
- Hear safe sound levels (with filter caps out) as if you were not wearing earplugs
- Patented EarLock® retention rings utilize seven contact points to lock earpieces set up and fit the Identical way each time; gentle, double-flanged stems supply secure seals and all-day comfort.
- Made from sterile, medical-grade polymer that is soft, durable, and long-lasting
- Low-profile design allows you to keep them in place when wearing a mask, hat, helmet, or while using a phone, headphones, or supplemental hearing muffs.
- Serve as earpieces for compatible* radio communication systems
- Available in black, clear, or orange
- 26" polymer lanyard included
The distinction between inferior quality and premium hearing protection is undeniable. At MSP, we only offer Ear Plugs from the most trusted brands like SureFire. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell.
Customer Ratings & Reviews