Mesa Tactical SureShell Carrier and Saddle Rail for Remington 870 (8-Shell, 12-GA, 5" Rail)
Fits: Remington 870, Remington 1100, Remington 11-87
The saddle rail from Mesa Tactical for the Remington 870 features a sturdy and robust Picatinny rail that has been specifically machined from high-quality aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminum, that has been mil-spec hard anodized in order to provide an incredibly durable, robust and visibly appealing non-glare matte finish. The basic saddle rail design of the SureShell carrier and 5” saddle rail provides a secure mounting system that is suitable for mounting a vast majority of optical sights. It’s also worth mentioning there is also a second version, which appears almost identical and also includes a four, six, or eight shell shotshell carrier that is mounted on the left side of your firearm’s receiver. Both variations have been manufactured with strict compliance with MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny specifications, and also requires no level of assistance from a gunsmith in order to install onto your Remington 870. These increasingly popular type of saddle rails are known for offering the perfect solution when it comes to adding the likes of SureShell shotshell carriers and optical sights to your Remington shotgun.
Mesa Tactical Saddle Rails feature strong and secure aluminum brackets that are manufactured to wrap around the top part of your shotgun’s receiver while also including a Picatinny optics rail on the top.
SureShell Saddle Rails include a MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny sight rail that is conveniently situated along the very top while also providing the shooter with a generous eight-shot SureShell shotshell carrier yoke that is featured on the left side of your shotgun’s receiver. The rail has been specifically notched at the backside in order to accommodate Wilson or Scattergun style ghost ring sights. The rail also extends slightly beyond the edge of the barrel’s magazine lug.
In order to use a six shot SureShell carrier that has been mounted on the left side of your Remington 870 shotgun, you will be required to use a tactical forend that doesn’t overlap the firearm’s receiver, or you may wish to use a factory forend that has been cut down accurately and appropriately for use on the Remington 870 shotgun. SureFire forends have been manufactured in order to be fully compatible with Mesa’s tactical SureShell carrier and 5” saddle rail but may need some altering in very rare circumstances.
Mesa Tactical Remington 870 SureShell Carrier & 5” Saddle Rail Features:
- Unique rubber friction retention system that securely holds shotgun shells safely in place.
- Machined and milled from high-quality 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum.
- No specialised fitting or gunsmithing required in order to install on your Remington.
- Integrated Picatinny rail to be used with various sights and optics.
- Hard coated in anodized matte black for a unique and visually appeasing appearance.
- Mounts with the use of brackets that are attached to your firearm.
- Weighs 14.2 oz.
- 6 shell capacity.
- Can be installed on the left side of your firearm’s receiver.
- Shells can be confidently held in a brass down or brass up configuration.
- Rubber tension system in order to securely hold your ammo.
- Rubber gasket in order to protect your firearm’s finish.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!Write Review