BOBRO Precision Optic Mount Extended 30mm Rings
BOBPRO has done it again with their precision optic mount extended that manages to provide a strong scope interface that includes a 0.75” forward throw as compared to the non-extended mount. The patented BLAC lever system also does not require any manual adjustment to solidly engage on a Picatinny rail which makes it even better.
There are a number of features that really sets this precision optic mount apart from the competition starting with its compatibility with 1913 Specification Rail and Weaver Rail systems.
- Free of User Adjustments
- 100% Self Contained
- Locks with enough Pressure to Attach to any Device or Optical Instrument
- No Rail Deformation when in Use
- Auto Index Capacity: Unit rides with shifting forces when weapon is fired without moving
- Does Not Loosen During Firing or Bottom Out
- System Keeps Lever from being Accidentally Opened
- Safety System Works with Lever Rotation with only One Hand Required
- Works under All Environmental Conditions
- Unit Absorbs Constant Force in All Directions: Will not shift in any direction under use
- Simple to Manipulate even under Fatiguing Situations
- Robust, Durable and Shock Resistant
- Only Linear Pressure along the Main Body will Prevent the Cocking of the Mount
The BOBRO Precision Optic Mount is crafted from a CNC machined 6061 T6 aluminum and is finished with a hard coat Type 3 mil-spec anodized block for considerable durability under all environmental conditions.
- Height: 1.575” from tube center to 1913 center
- Weight: 7.5 ounces
- Ring Spacing: 2.150” inside to inside and 3.870” outside to outside
- Ring Width: 0.860” wide for each
Created by BOBRO Engineering, this is essentially the same at the Trijicon TR126 or TR-126. Overall, this is an exceptional mount that will work under almost any environmental conditions for maximum benefit.
Same as the Trijicon TR126 (TR-126)
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Would recommend this product.
Would recommend this product.
Very impressed with quality of Bobro extended optics mount
October 14, 2015
This reveiw is for the Bobro 30mm ring, extended optic mount (cantilever-style picatinny scope mount).
This is an excellent item (hence the review which i'm usually too lazy to do for most stuff, but for this i'll make an exception). I have this fitted on a Swiss Arms SG751 rifle, and it's attaching a SWFA SS HD 1-6x24 scope.
The quality of manufacture is excellent, the base and rings/extension-interface are mated together tightly and all attached parts are screwed together with no machining marks, misalignments or gaps anywhere. This mount has a very smooth and highly finished 'industrial' look to it, the hard coating is a dull black that looks similar to a very high quality phosphate; not quite textured but not a high gloss like many anodised mounts, the consistency of the coating is flawless and so-far very scratch resistant. There are very few marks other than the single reasonably small logo (i like this, it's as if the company is letting the product quality speak for itself rather than having their name plastered all over it like some other brands).
The quick release clamp is extremely solid and effective, latching down with a decent amount of spring-force and once closed is locked securely by the small seconadry catch, there is no chance of this opening accidentally. Both the clamping block and the locking lever both utilise two springs side by side rather than the single spring found on many comparable designs. The locating/recoil lug on the bottom of the mount has a widthways split that looks a little like a sort of heavy-duty leaf spring, this appears to exert some spring pressure to keep the recoil lug from any potential movement in the rail by effectively acting as a slightly larger , lug than would normally fit a picatinny sized recoil slot. This lug is also screwed to the mount (engineering overkill? perhaps, but it's awesomly solid and effective). There is an additional roll-pin style recoil lug further along under the mount too. The ring tops are attached with nuts onto studs in the lower half, i found this very nice to use and definately easier to even-up the gaps between the ring halves than the usual style screws that go down through the top ring.
The packaging is good, thorough instructions warning about the torque needed for tightening the ring halves (far less than expected, thanks to the use of nuts rather than screws) and even comes with a generous amount of threadlocker in a little tube bottle as well as the allen key needed to tighten them (deliberately shorter than standard to prevent accidental over-torque according to the instructions).
A couple of points to note (not enough to drop the rating from 5 stars though);
- The 'leaf-spring' style recoil lug does seems to bite into aluminium rails a bit, it caused some small scrapes on the upper edge of the rails recoil slot where the lug squashed into itself to fit into the slot. It never got worse after the first fit though.
- The latch is very solid but the hinge assembly does protrude slighlty more out the side of the rail than many other lever systems. If you are concerned about everything looking close to the rail this may be of interest (google some images).
Extremely impressed with these Bobro guys and will definately look at their stuff for any future projects. As an interesting side note, there is an edition of a magazine called RECOIL that i had borrowed from a mate and it had a review of many QR mounts including one of these (might have been the standard model, not the extended, but still almost identical) and it had the lowest (or maybe second lowest?) shift in zero when removed and refitted. Not bad considering the competition (LaRue etc..).
Bobro Extended 30 mm Mount (B03202300)
September 2, 2015
Mounted a Bushnell Elite 1 x 6.5 scope using this mount. Mount is excellent, very secure and the quick detach feature is great. Didn't mark up the rail on the receiver when detached and reattached. Comes with thread locker and special short allen wrench to use when installing. The extended mount allows a lot of room for adjustment so you can get the eye relief where you want it. Allows plenty of room for a Troy fold down rear sight as well. Machining tolerances of this mount are excellent, very precise. Very happy with the purchase.